Wednesday, February 27, 2008

They must have made that rule for a reason

View from one of the many Guest Room windows of Kronborg Castle

As quoted from the official Kronborg Castle Visitor's Pamphlet, that is given to you with your price of admission. One of the regulations (rules) while on the Castle grounds is:
"No gutting and cleansing of fish on the premises as this attracts rats."

Major laughs and giggles from my group and I upon reading this - imaging some tourist from say Asia or Latin America, coming all the way to Denmark, taking the time to tour this castle: the Queen's rooms, the Grand Hall and the Throne Room - with a fish in their backpack. How foiled they would be by this guideline (smile).

Also, I'm in love with this year's Oscar-award winning song, Falling Slowly, from the movie, Once. I'm playing it on my computer here in Copenhagen daily - I hope it does the impossible and break-through onto mainstream radio.
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=19335238

10 Comments:

Blogger Jill said...

Nice view! I'm enjoying reading about your adventures. Keep having fun!

10:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I absolutely love finding funny rules posted. WHat a beautiful place, too.

7:50 AM  
Blogger Molly Malone said...

you KNOW someone totally gutted a fresh catch from their basket while they were on tour there once. and he/she probably argued it, too. "what do you mean, i can't gut my fish here? what am i gonna have for dinner? i don't see any rule anywhere? i dare you to stop me." so they had to create that rule.

i LOVE that song so much. you should see the movie it comes from, "Once." it's a sweet romance. i'd really love your take on it.

7:52 AM  
Blogger mommanator said...

love the pic& post gal

7:21 PM  
Blogger Hina said...

Nita and I might see that movie :)

11:00 PM  
Blogger Brenda said...

Your photos are fab!

Have a great weekend!

8:50 AM  
Blogger apt said...

Beautiful picture! LOVE it.

Now.... where is my postcard and obligatory shot glass?

I check my mail everyday.... nothing!

Hmmph!

3:38 PM  
Blogger Virginia Gal said...

Darla D - thanks, I'm certainly no photographer but once in a while I get in a good shot : )

Citizen - yes it is funny when you come across something, I'm still looking for funny English signs in Copenhagen, something where they have translated English wrong, hee hee.

Molly - hee hee, that is the funniest part, that someone must have gutted a fish there at least once for the rule to be created, hee hee. Yes, when I get home I'll try to see Once.

Mommantor - thanks, I thought this rule was too good not to share, hee hee.

Hina - did you guys go and see it? Let me know what you think.

Brenda - thank you, rarely do I get in a good shot, but if it happens, I'll definitely post it.

Tony - oh my bad, send me your address (I stupidly left my address book at home) I got the best thing to send to you from Oslo!

4:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was one of only 12 people who saw "Once" in a theater. A wonderful film. I insist on seeing any movie with musicians (except "August Rush" - I walked out after a half hour - ugh.)

8:42 PM  
Blogger Virginia Gal said...

bigrush 1954 - how are you?! So glad to see you!! Lucky you, getting to see Once, it hasn't even made it to Denmark yet.

6:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home