Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Peep Show and stuff



Title of picture above, Peep Show - get it?? I laughed and laughed at this picture.

Below is a snap of my $1 red and yellow African Violet sitting on my desk, that I bought on Saturday. Sadly I had to move the poor thing to the window, it has already started to droop by today (Wednesday), I'm hoping closer to the sun will perk it up.


Was going to post on the Copenhagen Metro but wasn't in the proper ranting mood (oh its ranting material my friends, definitely ranting!).

I'm feeling a bit bummed because I've applied for two jobs here in Europe, with well-known big firms (NOT AIRLINES), and got curt rejections from both. Here I'm at this school with great connections (Madeline Albright was speaking at the school last week) and somehow I'm not making the leap...is it something I'm doing or maybe just kismat, since I wasn't 100% keen on these companies anyway (preferring to work for an airline back home)???

On a more positive note, this cute Danish guy in my HR class called me pretty today (Virginia Gal does snoopy happy dance).

7 Comments:

Blogger mommanator said...

Beauty begets beauty-I have heard! how nice of him to verbalise that!
the poseys is lovely! what lovely colors!
I had seen the peeps-yes something to laugh at!

2:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Any vids of the happy dance?

12:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lovin' the peeps!

as for the violets, i find they like to be watered from the bottom - i have mine sitting in a tray with the little stones like what you'd put in the bottom of a fish tank. (that was an awfully grammatically incorrect sentence!) if they continue to droop, give that a try. they're beautiful, though!

i see from shannon's blog that you're about to get some gaby goodness. lucky lady!

3:00 PM  
Blogger Merci said...

I think that might be a Primrose. Try looking up the care instructions for that, instead of African Violet. Primroses can be planted outside once the weather is warmer.

10:32 AM  
Blogger Virginia Gal said...

Mommantor - oh you're so sweet - thanks for making me smile : )

Joe - ha ha, not yet, I haven't mastered the video option on my digital camera.

Kate - yes I can't wait for my Gaby goodness! I finished off your biscuits, they were delicious!!! Excellent choices. And thanks for the water tips - I've tried to get the flowers more sun, they are in stable condition, no better no worse.

Merci - Thanks for the tip, I'll look it up!

6:36 PM  
Blogger Molly Malone said...

thank you, mr. dane! woohoo!
as for the companies: they're just two of many. don't sweat it. (is it warm enough to sweat there yet?)

10:19 PM  
Blogger Virginia Gal said...

Molly - yes he is a cutie and made my day! Nope its snowing today, not warm at all, but I love the snow!

6:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home