Sunday, April 20, 2008

Causal Days in Copenhagen!

Sunday evening, spent a delightful holiday weekend here in Copenhagen. Friday was a national holiday, my friends and I ventured to Dragor, a historical fishing village in the suburbs of Copenhagen (next to the airport). The picture above is one of the many homes that make up the quaint streets of Dragor.


A bunch of us went on this trip and took along a picnic. This is the view from our picnic table. Big blue skies, light breeze, sunny day and enticing lapping water. We even spotted one guy canoing in the sea!


Saturday, a friend of mine and I went to the Danish National Gallery. I loved the colors of these rooms that were displaying art. Saturday evening I hosted a dinner and it went really well. I'm so proud of myself....my first dinner party without the aid of my family. My only complaint is that I didn't have enough food. Today I took a D-I-Y walking tour of one of the posher neighborhoods of Copenhagen. Sadly, the batteries in my camera died and I couldn't take any pictures...I'll try to go back via the bus and snap some shots.

As the sun was out for the first time in months here in Copenhagen, you can imagine what it was like in the city...EVERYONE was out. I had to jockey to get a spot on a bench by the lake in Ostebro, where I spent a leisurely two hours reading a book. It was heaven.

ps - in a nod to Joe and my mom who sometimes wonders onto this blog..had a group meeting for my Emerging Markets class on Thursday, where I nearly got into a major fight with a member of my group who was just arguing with me on EVERY point. I was essentially told to re-write my section of the paper...so I stayed up Thursday night and got it finished (since the group deadline was noon on Friday, which no one else made but me!) See...I am studying LOL.

10 Comments:

Blogger Molly Malone said...

that's so funny ... i almost forgot you were there for scholastic pursuits as well! if the points that he/she argued you on were worthwhile, then your time spent rewriting your section was probably worthwhile as well. no matter how pain in the ass he/she may have been.

in the meantime: sun out for the first time in MONTHS? holy cow! that makes me shudder. of course, i guess that explains the colors on the walls. i guess when nature doesn't bring you bright colors, you have to create them yourself! glad you got to have a good day of sun, though!

5:52 AM  
Blogger mommanator said...

Sounds like a fabulous reward you gave yourself 'after" studying!
I would really be into a funk if I hadn't seen the sun in so long. I found myself singing the other day while walking and asked my daughter "when 's the last time you heard me inging" guess Fla is good for me! and the SAD

9:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Was that member the leader of the group or something, to tell you to rewrite your part? Was your first pass not defensable or something? Stand up for your self!

11:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

COngrats ont he dinner party in a very land. Very cool.

7:25 PM  
Blogger Jill said...

I love the photos! You are becoming quite the photographer. :-)

11:06 PM  
Blogger apt said...

Darla is right. Those photos are amazing. You have a great eye for the camera.

6:43 PM  
Blogger JellyKean said...

I am so behind on your blog! What a fabulous adventure I so admire you (and am soo jealous!)

:)

1:06 PM  
Blogger Random Kath said...

Oh, you sound like you are having such a wonderful time! Glad your first dinner party went well and BOOOOO to the jerk in you Emerging Markets class. Even if he was right, there are better ways to convey those ideas to you . . .

8:48 PM  
Blogger Virginia Gal said...

Molly - yes the parts did need re-working but I felt like she was picking on my part particularly, her part needed fixing as well but God forbid I say anything to that effect!
oh the sun comes out in the winter in Copenhagen but it is sooo cold from the wind that you can't really enjoy it.

Mommantor - yes I concur I needed a little reward after all that studying and working!

Joe - oh thanks but I decided that one of us would have to concede and since I hate fighting, I gave in...God knows she would not have.

Citizen - thank you, it was much harder than giving one in the US because they don't have all the supplies we are use to and just finding certain things in the States we take for granted are very hard to find.

Darla - oh thank you but I don't think since, these shots are fluks LOL.

Tony - you are so sweet but I'm not really convinced I'm a good photographer as an accidental good shot :)

JellyKean - Thanks man, it is quite an adventure and I'm having too much fun!

Random Kath - yes this person is French and I wonder if that is just how they do business in France??? All I know is that wouldn't fly in the States!

4:27 AM  
Blogger my mind wanders said...

Wow! Those pictures are gorgeous! It is straight out of a movie. Keep those pictures coming, I love to "see" what you "see!"

7:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home