Monday, August 04, 2008

Super Power

Busy this week with tons of job interviews, meeting up with good friends and still working my part-time gigs.

I heard on the radio this morning the question - "if you could have one superpower, what would it be and why?"

I would absolutely LOVE to be able to fly; then I would never run late. I could go all over the world and see and do things right as they are happening, like attending the premiere of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince or the Olympics. I would be able to constantly keep in touch with family and friends and never miss important events in their lives. Plus being I much prefer the sky to the sea, to me, it is prettier. This also ties into my favorite book - James and the Giant Peach, where James flies across the Atlantic ocean on a giant peach; I would have loved to have been on that ride!

Now for you - if you could have one superpower, what would it be?

7 Comments:

Blogger Pax Romano said...

You'd be an awesome super hero; Virgina Gal, Protector of the Downtrodden, Friend of the Friendless, Stalker of Royal Families!

Look!

Up in the sky!

It's a graceful bird!

It's a colorful light plane!

No! It's Virgina Gal!!!

6:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Flying in my fantasy power, too. Of the conventional superpowers, anyway. I have another I superpower I dream about - the power to turn anyone I touch to nonviolence. And that it would be transferable so that from then on, anyone they touch would likewise become nonviolent. Eventually, it would spread around the world. (Yeah, I've put some thought into this!)

6:47 PM  
Blogger apt said...

Super-Speed.

The ability to travel all over the world in the blink of an eye.... anywhere I wanted to go.....

Hell yeah!!!!!!

9:43 PM  
Blogger mommanator said...

well gal- you would have to have time ya know to enjoy all those things, But I could see you flying across the sky!
A superpower huh! being invisable!?

2:20 PM  
Blogger JoeinVegas said...

To fly - yes!

Job interviews - oh, out of school and back to full time. But hopefully higher up with more pay and more hours and more responsibility and more and more and more . . .

12:35 PM  
Blogger Molly Malone said...

telekinesis: a good superpower for a lazy chickie.

... or esp. specifically culinary esp: i'd know what you were going to eat before you ate it. hell, i'd know what i'd eat before i ate it.

8:31 PM  
Blogger Virginia Gal said...

Pax - oh you are so sweet, you don't even know how delighted your comment made me...maybe I'm not so bad after all : )

Citizen - oh wow making people non-violent, what an amazing power that would be indeed. Sadly don't you think religion was suppose to do that and didn't, sigh.

Tony - traveling over the world in a blink of an eye, that would be freaking awesome!! Super speed would be really cool as well : )

Mommanator - oh being invisible, that would be neat! Than I would do stuff like throwing things at mean people, hee hee.

Joe - from your lips to God's ears, more, more, more, that would be awesome!


Molly - telekinesis, that is so cool!

2:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home