Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Plea for Jelly Kean







Mad busy weekend prevented me from blogging properly.

Flowers from my lovely mum and her expanding garden. Don't they fit into my bedroom perfectly??

In light of rising oil and food prices, I would like to make a plea for my friend Jelly Kean and her campaign to raise money for America's Second Harvest. America's Second Harvest is a hunger relief organization that provides food assistance and assisting food banks around the country. Jelly Kean's been an old friend of mine, since middle school. We have many fond memories together (including the time she was sick and had her mom deliver birthday balloons to school for me or when we watched Shadowlands together despite my making fun of it throughout). Besides being an aspiring actress, Jelly Kean writes hilariously, I keep telling her that one day she will win an Emmy writing for the The Daily Show, but she doesn't believe me.

Jelly Kean is running her campaign concurrently with her quest to lose weight after a bad breakup right before Christmas (what a jerk!). She says that if she raises the $5231 goal she has set, she will post a picture of her bare ass on her blog - jellykean.wordpress.com . Though, I think Jelly Kean is beautiful as she is, I am proud of her quest to tackle hunger in America and some of her childhood food demons (which she writes about eloquently in her blog).

So if you have even a buck or two to spare, please consider donating on the sidebar of my blog, you're money will be going towards a good cause.

6 Comments:

Blogger mommanator said...

love the bedroom
is that her real name!?

10:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thank you so much of thinking of me during what must be a tough transition back. I think Jelly Kean should be my real name...

11:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's impressive of your friend. I hope she can raise the money she is trying to. (I have to shunt my money to an organization that provides vegetarian fare for homeless people, because I'm just not comfortable with the meat aspect of it all.)

3:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Someone somewhere donated $250 today Virginia Gal!! you either brought me some very good mojo or one of your readers is totally awesome!!

thanks so much to all I was in a real slump and this has meant the world to me.

9:28 PM  
Blogger Tony said...

Uh.... Kelly Jean is loverly... and I would DEF donate if I had more than $5 in my pocket, but.... I am afraid of the "bare ass" statment.

She is beautiful, tho.


I'm rooting for her.

9:26 AM  
Blogger Virginia Gal said...

Mommantor - hee hee, no that is not her real name, but pretty close.

Jelly Kean - yes it is a great name and glad to help, I am so proud of what you are doing!

Citizen - that is so admirable, with the vegetarian fare and yes I hope she raises the amount as well.

Jelly Kean - oh I am so happy that maybe I helped!!

Tony - No worries. I hope she reads your comments, so she can see that someone who doesn't even know her agrees that she is beautiful. Tak! (that is thank you in Danish).

12:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home