Sunday, June 29, 2008

Mediation


Went to mediation today - it was very nice. I didn't realize how much I needed that "detoxifying," session. I think one of the most important lessons I learned was how important it is to stay in the present - not to take on worries of the future or regrets from the past. As the ultimate control freak, this release is very difficult to do, but I shall endeavor to work on it (and subsequently improve on myself).

One of the best parts of the day was being taught mindful eating, which requires that you take a bit of your food, than put your utensil down, chewing slowly and really savoring each food. You are asked to focus on the food - honestly its the first time I have ever found a piece of watermelon heavenly!

Thanks to everyone's kind words on my previous post, I still am trying to recover from the incident and all that it brought out in me; which reminded me of Denmark, cause when I was there life was SO much easier, relaxed. Thus I included a picture of the Royal Danish Theatre all lite up at night. Because my residency was right behind this place, I walked past the Theatre daily. Enjoy, as I do, the magic of the building.

5 Comments:

Blogger JoeinVegas said...

Going to convert to Budhism now?
But there are things that you can do to calm down, that does sound interesting.

10:09 AM  
Blogger Molly Malone said...

ooh. mindful eating. i need to learn that!

what's mediation? where did you go for this? was this with your therapist?

i'm glad it was good for you! we all need detox. God knows i need it. i carry so much crap, sometimes.

8:07 PM  
Blogger mommanator said...

I thought you meant meditation!? explain mor eof mediation.
That fotog is terrific!

8:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with Molly Malone and Mommanator - can you tell us more about mediation?

I agree that it's so hard not to be bogged down by regrets or worries. I really struggle with staying in the present, too. Especially when it's such an uncomfortable place to be at times.

9:51 AM  
Blogger Virginia Gal said...

Joe - no conversions but do like their philosophy of being in the present.

Molly - I went to this church in Oakton, it was really nice; next time I go, I'll let you know : )

Mommantor - my bad I did mean mediation. I can't spell (smile).

Kate - yes it is hard, I agree especially when the present is difficult. I still struggle with it myself. I guess all we can do is try, no?

1:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home