Friday, September 05, 2008

Republican Hypocrisy

Sorry for the delay in posting - I have been extra special lazy this week. Second apology for this post if it offends you but come on, I have stated clearly and repeatedly I am a liberal and a democrat, so you knew this was coming!

This is my official rant on the Republicans. I know, out there on the world wide web, others have said this better. But I am not to be denied my two cents as well.

I am appalled by this Sarah Pallin character. She is an evangelical Christian, which always scares me. But moreover, I find her to be one of those annoying PTA/Home Owner's Association mom's who wants to carefully control everything but in the end does not. Reminds me of some of my classmates' moms who never disciplined their children, bought the kids everything they wanted right away and blamed the teacher for any bad grade their kid got.

I know Barack Obama said her family is officially off-limits but I am not official. My thinking with Pallin's family is this - if you wanna talk the talk (by which I mean to force the rest of America to adhere to your fundamentalist religious views) than you must walk the walk!

Why is it always with these religious types the more controlling or hateful they become the less they are able to actually stick to those principles (see numerous evangelical ministers and Republican politicans who turned out to be gay, pedophiles or drug addicts for example).

Finally, I can't believe that any of the Republicans have the hutzpah to mention how they want to fix Washington (which is all I have been hearing at the convention this week). What the hell are they talking about?! They are the ones who broke Washington!

There I am done for now...but more to came as the days lead up to the election.

ps - just for your information, even if we the United States started off-shore drilling tomorrow, we would not get the oil to the consumer for ten years. So please don't fall for that stupid retoric.
http://www.salon.com/tech/htww/2008/06/18/offshore_drilling/

15 Comments:

Blogger Brenda said...

I am for nuclear energy but I think even safer options are out there and need to be pursued. I don't feel I'm either a republican or democrat but sort of mid stream in my belief's that the control of America needs to be regained by the American citizen and not just those with the means to publicly express themselves.

7:54 AM  
Blogger Kate said...

Well, you know that with me, you're preaching to the choir. People over here are terrified that the Republicans will win again, especially now. I drive my car with its Obama sticker with pride!

10:26 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

1:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen, sister. It's been quite painful watching the RNC convention this week, but I made myself do so just to know what we're up against. It's certainly made me more eager to get out and campaign this year . . . and actually contribute money.

-- Random Kath

1:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for bringing up this subject! I was actually going to be open minded and watch the Republican National Convention, but the hateful, smart-a** remarks from Palin and the wooden, same ole same ole remarks from McCain just ended up angering me! I will be procuring an Obama/Biden bumper sticker this weekend. It's time for those who aren't in the upper 1% of America (who benefit from McCain/Bush tax cuts) to stand up and have a voice in our government.

1:48 PM  
Blogger Pax Romano said...

My Blog Daughter Does Me Proud!

That was as succinct a posting about the hypocrisy of the repugs as anything I've ever read.

But I still think that Palin is a dead ringer for Karen Walker!

5:39 PM  
Blogger apt said...

*** STANDING OVATION ***

9:42 PM  
Blogger Virginia Gal said...

Brenda - I agree we should have control back. I think we have to find another energy source and soon! Off-shore drilling is not the answer..in Denmark they use wind and it works great!

Kate - you have an Obama bumper sticker on your car all the way over in Scotland, that is a hoot!

Random Kath - oh you said it, I could barely watch the thing and yes I am now on the action band wagon as well!

Anon - Welcome! Amen, it is time that the rest of us have a say in the government. I just feel like with Obama we will have that chance vs. the same ol'e some ol'e with McCain.

Pax - oh Palin as Karen Walker, hee hee, I get it, that is hilarious!! And I am honored that I did you proud, because it was your outrage over Kerry's lose that got me into this whole blog world in the first place...you are my Yoda : )

Tony - (Virginia Gal curtsy's) thank you!!

12:48 AM  
Blogger Merci said...

Sarah Palin scares me. That's not just rhetoric; she really scares me. There is a better than fair chance that she will be called on to replace McCain, if they are elected, and she is the most dangerous kind of personality in government. She clearly thinks that she is always right. I watched clips of interviews with her in past campaigns. She doesn't even listen to the questions. She just overtalks everybody. Do we really want a pitbull as veep or pres.? Really, this is all very unfair to pitbulls, who can actually be very nice pets.

11:56 AM  
Blogger Virginia Gal said...

Merci - you hit the nail on the head, she always thinks she is right. That is a very scary combination for sure!

10:47 PM  
Blogger Jennifer Chronicles (jenx67.com) said...

regarding your bikini debate, have you seen the bikini clad palin donning a firearm?

10:00 AM  
Blogger valentina said...

I agree with everything you just said,except I wouldn't have put gays in the same sentence with pedophiles and drug addicts...even if I get your point.

4:44 PM  
Blogger my mind wanders said...

Hey, after our conversation the other night, I thank you for putting up the article about off-shore drilling. This "drill drill drill" chanting is ridiculous and only demonstrates how ill informed and gullible 43% of the American public is. I am disappointed that that number seems to be creeping up and am starting to feel the disillusionment set in with the "Palin Factor" contributing to such a bump in the polls.
I am trying to stay positive. We will have to help each other out here. :-) At least you live in a state that could make a difference. Makes me what to move; although I think I am much happier in my blue state than I could be in your red state. :-)

11:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

5:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

comment2, kelly hu nude, =((, yvonne strahovski naked, >:-D,

11:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home