Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Car Hire Cork Airport


Pagan Rites, Lovely Daughter, Something Red, soda bread, Nation's Capital, Mad-Cap Adventure, Car Hire Cork Airport, Super Competitive Hotel, Rugby, Blue Moon Monkey, James Joyce, Shamrock, Chocolate Cart......no this is not a proper sentence, but rather a fancy lead-in for my post about the multiple and random window watching movie invading all sense of privacy. The BBC America channel was showing one of my favorite Alford Hitchcock films, Rear Window.

Its funny actually because when I first saw this movie, it didn't appeal to me, because it lacked the suspense of Psycho. Yet the second time around of watching this film, I found it fascinating, the idea of peeping into other people's lives. Now it lists as one of my favorite Hitchcock flicks! Let's be honest, to an extent, we have all become Jimmy Stewart, its become a part of our lives, no?

Nowadays, with people having complete cell phone conversations in the subway or at the restaurant table next to you, you can't help but overhear (I say, if you are speaking that closely to me, than you don't deserve privacy!).

Factor in the Internet and such items like blogs or YouTube and nothing is sacred anymore, no? Has my generation done a 180 and now nothing is private or off-limits? Is this a good thing? With Jimmy and Grace, it was helpful, they were able to catch a killer, can we do that better now than before? Are there less bad guys out there because of this lack of privacy as in the past?? Does anyone know where one could find such statistics?

Add in reality television and we are done for! Like it or not, it has game changed our culture and there is no going backward! The notion of privacy from the times of Rear Window are gone and we shall have to see what replaces it.

So with that I conclude with these words: lighthouse, Celtic Cross, Circle of Friends, Car Hire Ireland, Green Fields, Pototoes, Golden Ring, Book of Kells, wrist watch, County Cork, Tenor, Snakes, Moose Munch.

ps - I am off to Florida for a job interview for the next few days, wish me luck!

pps - saw a bumper sticker the other day here in Phoenix that lauded that Joe Wilson scream during President Obama's health care speech, "You Lie." Get me out of this state!!!

7 Comments:

Blogger Pax Romano said...

As Thelma Ritter said in the film, "We've become a nation of peeping toms..."

6:05 AM  
Blogger secret agent woman said...

I like that movie, too.

Good luck!

7:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello!
You may probably be very interested to know how one can make real money on investments.
There is no initial capital needed.
You may commense earning with a sum that usually goes
on daily food, that's 20-100 dollars.
I have been participating in one project for several years,
and I'll be glad to share my secrets at my blog.

Please visit blog and send me private message to get the info.

P.S. I earn 1000-2000 per day now.

http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]

8:19 PM  
Blogger mommanator said...

good luck with the interview.

9:31 PM  
Blogger Virginia Gal said...

Pax - amen brother!

Secret Agent - Thank you - send out all positive thoughts regarding the interview!

Mommanator - thank you! Please say a prayer they accept me!

12:59 AM  
Blogger JoeinVegas said...

One of my favorites also, mainly because of Grace.

1:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice read. I would love to follow you on twitter.

9:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home