Saturday, August 07, 2010

Number Plates for Sale


I have this friend who lives in Athens, she is going on vacation to a smaller city/island in Greece - I imagine it will look something like the picture above. She usually sends me photos, so I eagerly anticipate any emails from her.

This particular friend and I met at the World Figure Skating Championships in 2008, when both she and I went to the event by ourselves and found that we were staying at the same bed and breakfast! If that wasn't coincidence enough, we share the same birthday! I have only met her in person that week but since then, she and I email each other weekly. We are hoping that sometime in the future we will again meet at another World Figure Skating Championships.

Speaking of figure skating, did you hear that the 2002 Canadian pair who won the gold (during that whole figure skating scandal of Salt Lake City), are divorcing?! I was shocked when I heard, they were suppose to be so in love. Sad really. Out of the three medal couples from that Olympics, only one is still together - the Chinese pair (who won gold this year in Vancouver).

It was that Olympics when it seemed the gold medal was for sale. So much now-a-days is for sale I find - jobs, the environment, congressional positions, movies, athletic trophies, justice, medicine, even number plates for sale. Now on that last one, I'm not opposed, but some of the others, well, here is wishing those items were not for purchase.

4 Comments:

Blogger mommanator said...

that ois a great photo! Reminds me of so many movies with Greece in them,

11:57 AM  
Blogger JoeinVegas said...

She is probably impressed that you live in Arizona and looks at photos of the Grand Canyon

5:47 PM  
Blogger secret agent woman said...

I met a friend once when we were partnered at a Euchre tournament and discovered we shared a birthday - I mean, literally 0 even the same year. She was later one of my bridesmaids.

9:26 PM  
Blogger Virginia Gal said...

Mommantor - thanks, it is beautiful!

Joe - hmm...good point!

Secret Agent - isn't it amazing how the world works?!

9:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home