Monday, August 23, 2010

Fate Hates Me

I was in Virginia last week, for what I thought would be a mini-vacation (more on that later), just for three days actually. As soon as I landed in Washington Dulles Airport and turned on my cell phone, I found I had been called for a job interview for a part time position I really wanted out here in Arizona. They employer wanted me for an interview that day (Wednesday) or the next (Thursday) and my return ticket was not till Saturday.

I had planned this trip for two months, it was a mere three days and naturally this job interview would have to be during that mini-vacation! I tried to call back multiple times and see if it was at all possible to reschedule and no one would return my call (very professional btw!). I took this as an indication that if I did not come at the required time I would be ineligible for job consideration.

The irony of this entire situation was not lost on me, here I am stuck in this God forsaken state of rednecks and Republicans all the freaking time! And the mere two days I am gone, I get a chance to get a job that would give me some sense of self-worth. To add insult to injury the mini-vacation I was so looking forward too, back in Virginia, visiting with my family was not all that fun. I didn't get much rest, my family was not all that enthused to have me there (constant complaining about me being there, etc) and I probably should have skipped the trip altogether.

All in all, I have determined that fate has it in for me, and not in a good way!

5 Comments:

Blogger JoeinVegas said...

next time come to Vegas

6:26 PM  
Blogger secret agent woman said...

Sometimes it sure does seem like the stars align against you. I hate times like that.

11:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear you didn't get the interview and it seems your family is really nasty. Hope things get better for you soon.

Austen

10:14 AM  
Blogger mommanator said...

ah, bummer!

11:40 AM  
Blogger Virginia Gal said...

Joe - amen to that brother, I would have had more fun!

Secret Agent - the stars align against you, that has been my year so far!

Austen - I don't know what was wrong, if they didn't want me there, they should have just said that. Sigh.

Mommanator - bummer indeed!

11:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home