Sunday, October 17, 2010

Bad Driving

Sometimes you have an example of such bad driving, one must write about it.

On Saturday I was running some errands and coming home on the AZ-101. The 101 is a loop around Phoenix, at various points you can get other area highways from this one. I was driving in the slow lane heading towards the juncture where the I-17 on ramp comes up from the 101.

Suddenly everyone in front of me came to a stop. What was going on?! Some idiot in the fast lane had missed the I-17 on ramp and was now proceeding to cut across all the lanes, not looking to see what was going with the other lanes they were cutting across, I guess assuming that everyone would just yield to them. And mind you this was almost past the point of no return for that I-17 ramp, this moron had to get on to the I-17 at the section where its all sandy and the barrier starts to come up.

I was so annoyed! Its not like there were not signs indicating that the I-17 was coming up, what was this person doing, why were they not paying attention than? And if something had been going on and they realized too late they were going to miss the on-ramp, do what a normal person would do, go to the next exit and turn around.

Instead they decided to disregard all rules of traffic and driving and take a great risk to everyone on that highway. So dangerous! We could have had a major car pile up! All because this person was out in la-la land and than needed everyone else to accommodate them when they returned to Earth and driving.

The best part of this is that I know people like this bad driver, people who insist they are good drivers and yet I don't think this kind of driving should rank as, "good driving." What was this person thinking when they did this, when they do this?

4 Comments:

Blogger JoeinVegas said...

Well, didn't everyone yield? And nobody hit his car? And he made it to the I17? So it works.

12:46 PM  
Blogger secret agent woman said...

Wow - if you miss your exit, you have to suck it up and go to the next one to turn around Even I follow that rule.

7:13 PM  
Blogger Brenda said...

I call those kind of folks, "In a hurry to visit Heaven."

8:52 PM  
Blogger Virginia Gal said...

Joe - I am assuming you are being sarcastic.

Secret Agent - yes, I think if you miss your exit, you should turn around instead of cutting across three lanes in five seconds.

Brenda - amen!

10:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home