Friday, October 08, 2010

cheap hotels in Paris city centre


In the same vein as my previous two posts, I am now traveling to the amazingly lovely city of Paris. You have heard the cliches and just about all of them are true when it comes to the City of Lights. Paris is romantic, beautiful, haunting, creative, and classic.

Recently, two of my good friends were in France's capital, visiting, which is what got me thinking more of this city. I have been to Paris at least three times in the past and I still haven't seen everything there is, to be honest, every time I have touched down in Paris and gotten off the Metro, I become so enthralled in it all, that I lose all sense of a plan to go to certain points. I begin to wander, because in Paris, wandering will allow you to find the most unusual and exciting things - all very Parisian (or at least what I think of as Parisian). One time in my wanderings, I stumbled on an English bookstore with the cafe in the back, so quaint and delightful! Another time I happened upon a lovely museum that featured tapestries of the middle ages, which tied in wonderfully with a book I had just read, "The Lady and the Unicorn."

I am aware that many people in the US have a hesitancy in traveling to Paris because of persistent rumors that the French and Parisians in particular are snobs and treat Americans very rudely. In all my travels to France I have never ONCE had that happen to me and I don't speak a lick of French. I found being friendly, learning a few key French phrases and never getting mad or pushy served me well.

France is a great vacation, airfare is always competitive from many cities in the US, not just the East Coast. There are a variety of accommodations to be had, including cheap hotels in Paris city centre. Upon reaching Paris, tours are a plenty and most in English.

There is nothing more valuable than a great memory - for me it was sitting at a cafe right next to Notre Dame, outside, along the banks of the Seine, very early morning, as most of Paris still slept, sipping an expresso and eating a pain au chocolat, utterly at peace with myself and the world.

6 Comments:

Blogger JoeinVegas said...

Paris was the most interesting places I've been to. I would love to live there - like you say, so many hidden lovely things.

3:15 PM  
Blogger secret agent woman said...

I would go, although I was indeed treated rudely in another part of France. I guess I was used to the super hospitality of the Swiss.

10:31 PM  
Blogger mommanator said...

When I went to Paris I had such a wonderful time. I have always said I would go back there in a heartbeat.
There is so much to see and do.

12:22 AM  
Blogger Virginia Gal said...

joe - oh to live there would be so great.

secret agent - oh i am sorry you got the rude treatment. please give France another try.

mommanator - you and me together in Paris, we should totally go!

11:15 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I actually enjoyed reading through this posting.Many thanks.

Cheap Hotels in Chennai

5:46 AM  
Anonymous Flights to New York said...

All travel has its advantages. If the passenger visits better countries, he may learn to improve his own. And if fortune carries him to worse, he may learn to enjoy it.

6:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home