Thursday, October 14, 2010

Cooking Utensils

Now that I have a honest to God sit down job (yay!), I can listen to the BBC at my desk, I love it!!!

Today they had a story on about the situation in Pakistan regarding the aid for flood victims, about how the rich of Pakistan should be giving where it seems they are not. I couldn't agree more.

These poor victims lost everything, their homes, their blankets, animals, radios, bicycles, cooking utensils, plants, farms, buckets, clothes, everything! And chances were these people were on the bottom of the totem pole to begin with and yet the elite of Pakistan don't seem to be pulling their fair share.

I find the whole Pakistan situation very perplexing, having grown up with so many Pakistani's, I still can't understand them. They are a proud people and don't seem to really like to take charity, yet if America doesn't give aid, they scream. Even when America does give aid, they hate the USA. I get that they find many of the policies of the USA abhorrent, but if that is the case, than why ask us for help? Stand tall, even if that means going without, holding your own country accountable.

Also, Pakistani's appear to feel some constant inferior complex to Middle Eastern countries, trying, I guess, in some vain attempt to prove their "Islamic" worth??

I just don't understand it, but for this, the poor people continue to lose as usual. Sad.

3 Comments:

Blogger mommanator said...

It is a terrible, but that makes people be people I guess?

10:29 AM  
Blogger secret agent woman said...

It's a sad situation.

4:24 PM  
Blogger Virginia Gal said...

Mommanator - yes true it is what makes people people.

Secret Agent - sad very sad.

11:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home