Thursday, October 21, 2010

I Got Your Back, Ladies be Crazy

I have quit my gig with Hawaiian Airlines, that was the airline I was working for - with my new full time gig, I can't hack the two jobs. Plus I ended up getting stuck with the night shift with Hawaiian and its becoming too much for me.

Before my last day I wanted to add a few more airline tips I've gleaned in my time as a customer service agent:
  1. If you are traveling with a baby or small child, arrive to the airport early, at least an hour and a half before departure, it will make your entire flight experience so much easier!
  2. In the kiosks, don't panic if you don't get your boarding pass try checking to make sure the paper isn't just stuck halfway through.
  3. Dress to get through security faster, no layers (sweaters/coats), wear slip on-off shoes, avoid belts if possible, light jewelry.
  4. I know its frustrating to wait for your bags at the baggage carousel, but I promise you, no one is purposely keeping your bags, usually the bag handlers are hustling and it just takes some time to get the bag from your plane to the belt. Believe you me, airlines DO NOT WANT a loss baggage claim.

I know the airport experience is generally not fun for most, but if you can go in with a smile and a healthy sense of humor, it won't be as painful.

5 Comments:

Blogger secret agent woman said...

Most minor inconveniences I don't mind. The food, though...

11:09 PM  
Blogger Merci said...

I don't mind waiting for my bags as long as the other passengers don't get pushy. It's OK (with and excuse me) to step in front of me to get your bag when you see it coming, but then you should step back again instead of blocking me while you wait for the rest of your party's luggage.

So what can you tell us about the new full time job?

11:13 AM  
Blogger JoeinVegas said...

That last comment applies to almost any situation

1:07 PM  
Blogger mommanator said...

ah, folk are in too much of a hurry if ya ask me! and thta goes for EVERYTHING! will post my experience during my recent trip soon, just got back today. Smile girl, life is full of interensting experiences & people!

3:31 PM  
Blogger Virginia Gal said...

Secret Agent - the food, hilarious!

Merci - yes people can be most inconsiderate at the airport.

Joe - : )

Mommanator - can't wait to hear about the trip!

11:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home