Monday, October 25, 2010

Nurish Deep Down



Monday laughs

Did anyone watch the updated version of Sherlock Holmes on PBS this past Sunday? I LOVED it! I was hesitate at first but it was brilliant! I am just glad that there are more episodes in the chute, I would have hated if that was a once-off.

Since when did Nancy Pelosi become a synonym for evil? Out here in Arizona they use her name (and of course President Obama) with the same venom as if the big bad wolf is in town - insane. I am sorry I just don't understand economic policy that has the government spending less in times of recession, the school of economics I studied found that when times were tough the government has to spend to stimulate the economy.

New job is nothing super exciting but so glad to have a full time honest to God job! Yay! Its an administrative assistant for the clinical psychology department at a local university. In this job market and for the amount of months I have been searching, this was heaven sent! Of course this meant I had to quit my airline gig, because I was just not able to hack two jobs, I was becoming physically exhausted and what was the point really? I wasn't happy at the airline gig anyway.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is that the new British Sherlock Holmes? It was on a few months ago here - so, so good! Like you, I was hesitant, but found myself longing for more. We're hoping there will be a Christmas special!

So glad the new job is going well. You've been much in my thoughts, and I owe you a proper email (as always)!

5:09 AM  
Blogger secret agent woman said...

Yes! I'm not even a Sherlock Holmes fan but I just loved it. I plan to follow this one, for sure.

And maybe when pepole say Nancy Pelosi, they are mispronouncing Sarah Palin? Just a thought.

9:25 PM  
Blogger mommanator said...

Much luck on the job, does it have bennies! One must look at the benefits ya know! teeheee

7:29 AM  
Blogger JoeinVegas said...

Yes - it is very good - but only three episodes!

Congrats on the new job, hope it stays fun

2:39 PM  
Blogger Virginia Gal said...

Kate - yes its the British Sherlock Holmes, and I agree so good! New job is good : )

Secret Agent - lol, Sarah Palin.

Mommanator - Yes can't believe it but benefits included, whohoo!

Joe - thanks for the congrad's, what only three episodes?!

1:53 AM  
Blogger Merci said...

The new job could get to be quite interesting. Clinical psychology can be fascinating, so even being on the outskirts of the subject could prove to be though-provoking.

I saw a bit of the Sherlock episode that was on tonight (11/7). Liked it quite a bit, but then I almost always like BBC productions.

10:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home