Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Cooking Utensils

Watched the Golden Globes on Sunday with mum, as she is in town for the baby's birth (though it really doesn't seem like baby wants to come anytime soon, which is rather frustrating as I would LOVE for both of my parents to be here for the birth of their first grandchild, but I suppose these things can not be predicted and they don't have unlimited vacation. Sigh).

I enjoyed the show and thought Ricky Gervasis was hilarious! I noticed many of the entertainment news shows were very critical of Gervasis's commentary during the show but I thought he was great! Certainly, he took shots at the Hollywood stars, but so what - did people expect him to only make jokes about cooking utensils?

I love how these Hollywood types get so upset when the jokes are about them, especially at this lovefest the Golden Globes. No sense of humor and really, all Gervasis was saying was the reality - I guess they like to be mollycoddled into thinking they are really are special people who deserve, no, are entitled, to being treated better than other human beings - by default of their Hollywood status. I am glad Gervasis took them down a few pegs!

Enough of my caterwauling, overall I thought the show was good, glad it ran within the time limits so I could catch the second episode of Dowton Abbey on Masterpiece Theatre!

3 Comments:

Blogger secret agent woman said...

I didn't see it, but I do love Ricky Gervais.

7:14 PM  
Blogger JoeinVegas said...

Yea, we like the Abbey too.

4:27 PM  
Blogger Virginia Gal said...

Secret Agent - he is hilarious.

Joe - Abbey is great!

7:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home