Thursday, November 25, 2010

baby thank you cards


Last week was my family's big baby shower - it was amazing!! I had a lovely time and absolutely did not want to leave and come back to stinky Arizona. The whole extended family came out as well as long time friends, so much love for my dear little one and she is not even here! This baby will be the first on my mother's family side and my parent's first grandchild, so you can imagine the excitement surrounding her arrival. She is blessed indeed!

The party itself was a madhouse but in a loving way, my only complaint would be that I didn't get enough time to spend with everyone who was there, but than even if the party had gone on all weekend, it would not have been enough time.

Upon arriving in Arizona, my husband and I joked that the baby isn't even here but her stuff is more than ours combined. I think its funny that this tiny little thing has SO much stuff! Her clothes alone for the first year could take up our whole closet, lol.

Now I have to get motivated and write all the baby thank you cards. It isn't that I don't want to do it, but its that I want to do it in an elegant and personal way, yet with over 50 thank you cards to write, can that be done?!

The whole weekend was lovely. I am so blessed to have such a great and loving family and I can't wait to introduce my baby into the tribe!

4 Comments:

Blogger mommanator said...

O how nice. so whats the little one gonna be named

11:09 PM  
Blogger secret agent woman said...

Ah, good for you - it's lovely to have such a welcome for the new baby.

7:43 PM  
Blogger JoeinVegas said...

When are you moving? Will you go there so the child will be born not Arizona?

4:42 PM  
Blogger Virginia Gal said...

Mommantor - we do have a name but its a secret till she arrives : )

Secret Agent - it was indeed lovely!

Joe - alas the doctor and hosiptal are here in Phoenix so the kid will have some Arizona in her. Sigh.

4:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home