Friday, February 04, 2011

kitchen gadgets

Thank you all for the lovely congratulations - yes this whole thing is sooo overwhelming!!! I miss being pregnant, when I could sleep! Someone asked me the other day what I would like as a gift for my birthday, I replied a full nights sleep without waking up worrying about baby.

I do feel so blessed to have been given this baby but I just feel so overwhelmed, this is the hardest thing I've ever had to do! I think I could even scale a mountain at this point and it would be easier, because there I would only have to worry about myself!

Also I find my emotions are up and down all the time, people say this is to be expected, one second I'm ok, the next I'm crying over nothing. I keep the television on, it calms my nerves. Right now I have some grandma help which is heaven sent otherwise I would be a wreck but I'm nervous about what happens when grandma goes home. I just don't know if I can handle baby on my own. I know thousands of women before me have done it, but it just seems so hard!

We just saw an advertisement for stoneware pots, how funny, eh? A television ad about kitchen gadgets shows me that the world continues to go on even as I swirl around in my worry (which has me so stressed that I can't seem to eat). On top of which, natural feeding is not coming at all! I so wanted to be able to do that. What a failure as a mommy am I!

Right, sorry about this rather negative post - its only reflecting my current state of mind.

7 Comments:

Blogger Merci said...

You love her and you are taking care of her. She's already WAYYYY ahead of a lot of other children!

11:49 PM  
Blogger secret agent woman said...

It's not negative to talk about how overwhelming having a new baby is. They need constant attention and can't tell you what's wrong. Mothering is a tough gig! I can remember a day with my first where I had nursed my baby, changed his diaper, walked him around, and still he cried. I sat down and just cried with him. Ignore all the ads and books and movies that suggest it's all blissful and remember also that you are functioning on crazily inadequate sleep. Eventually (and it takes quite a while) it gets easier.

12:51 PM  
Blogger Brenda said...

It gets easier, give yourself time. Just love her and the rest comes.

2:08 PM  
Blogger JoeinVegas said...

Hmmm, you sound like a new first time mom.

10:29 AM  
Anonymous Apple iPad 64GB wifi 3G said...

Can you give me a list of the least kitchen gadgets that I could use at home.

9:37 AM  
Blogger Jill said...

Oh, it is so overwhelming at first! But really, just take one day at a time, and you will be fine. I remember those days when my main accomplishment was that the baby had survived another day. I had absolutely no clue. It does get easier as they grow, really it does! Hang in there. :-)

4:45 PM  
Blogger Virginia Gal said...

Thank you everyone! I am trying to take it day by day.

9:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home