Sunday, March 20, 2011

HR Block and Great Surprise!

Thanks for everyone's insight into the Kindle/Nook - still looking into it. I did go to Book Club last week and two out of the five members have electronic readers.

Had a great surprise this weekend, my sister and cousin came to Phoenix for a visit! They didn't tell me or anything, just knocked on the door and were standing outside. It was great! It was like God had heard how much I am missing my family and friends and sent them. It was so much fun having them here, they make me laugh and were so good with the baby, we got babysitters! Sadly since my sister has little vacation time and my cousin is on spring break, they could only stay two days. I am missing them - the apartment seems so quiet.

Husband and I went to H&R Block yesterday to get our taxes done. I can't say enough good things about the Block, they were so helpful and nice! Our taxes were a bit of a mess as I worked three different jobs last year and therefore had three w-2's (what a pain in the a*#!). Doing them on our own we calculated that we would owe Uncle Sam close to $500 but once the Block did the taxes we only owed $172. That is quite a difference!

4 Comments:

Blogger secret agent woman said...

Just finished my taxes up, although I've not sent them off yet.

8:51 PM  
Blogger Merci said...

What a lovely surprise!

Good thing we didn't do our taxes early - my husband got an adjusted 2010 W-2 last week.

11:17 PM  
Blogger mommanator said...

well you have to pay much less than me!!! I hate it.
what a great surprise!

12:30 PM  
Blogger Virginia Gal said...

Secret Agent - get them in the mail! Than you can laugh at the yahoos waiting till April 15th.

Merci - it was a lovely surprise!

Mommanator - oh I am sorry, this is a sad situation when you and I have to pay, we are not rich billionaires!

8:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home