Sunday, March 13, 2011

Store Closings and Other Things


Thanks to everyone for their kind words - I am glad to hear that, "you can't spoil a baby." Because I am loving on my pookie all the time!

In other news, lots going on around the world, no? So sad about what is going on in Japan, what a tragedy. Also I am disheartened by what is going on in Libya, I wish for them Democracy, but it isn't looking good.

World Figure Skating Championships are coming up, I can't wait! I think this is the first year in a long while that an American girl will be on the podium - Alissa Cziny! Check out her 2011 US Figure Skating championships long program on youtube and you would agree.

With baby now, husband and I are quickly becoming addicts to Redbox - we can watch movies at home with pookie! And only for a dollar! This weekend alone we saw, Despicable Me (cute!), The American (I loved it but very foreign film-y), and The Other Guys (not your typical Will Ferrell, not as funny).

I have to say the one thing I am missing is being able to read - I'll be honest the bathroom is really the only time I get to myself, is it ok to bring a book in there? I do bring the paper - because I'll just throw that away but can't keep up with the book. Suddenly an E-reader is looking better, because I can hold pookie and still read the screen. Thoughts???

6 Comments:

Blogger secret agent woman said...

If I were having a baby these days I'd probably get an e-reader. I remember reading all the time because I spent hours sitting in a big chair either nursing the baby or holding him while he slept. I kept a stack of books by the chair.

9:42 PM  
Blogger Merci said...

I have a Kindle. I love it, but it's not for everyone. The fact that it is not backlit is important to me, because backlit screens are hard on my eyes and sometimes give me headaches. I love being able to order a book and have it delivered in less than 5 seconds. Instant gratification!

11:25 PM  
Blogger Molly Malone said...

We love our Kindles. One-handed reading is nice. Yes, it's not the same tactile experience as a traditional book, but you're still reading.

9:37 PM  
Blogger Hina said...

Pookie? are you calling my niece the same name Garfield calls his bear? I'm not sure how I feel about this...

9:08 AM  
Blogger mommanator said...

well I know it isnt conventional and most folk say That it isnt reading, but I love books on tape/cd you can listen to them whatever you are doin AND you can get them at the library!

6:15 PM  
Blogger Virginia Gal said...

Secret Agent - Its so true, the only time I can read is when she is sleeping.

Merci - the instant book is an amazing feature, one its draws for sure!

Molly - yes I'm not sure I can give up that great feeling of the paper.

Hina - yes you know its Pookie, you heard me.

Mommanator - there is an idea! And I can get them at the library!

5:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home