Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Misc. Thoughts

It's another one of those posts were I have a ton of little things zinging around in my head so I thought I'd just jot them down.

Tsunami - I can't believe it has been only a year since the tsunami hit. So many people's lives have been shattered and yet we have moved on - it seems so wrong. I suppose many of the people who were affected don't have the luxury of wallowing in daily memorials and rembrances to the point of overkill, they are just living day to day. May God give these poor people at least one night of peace, from the sadness and the horror.

Torture - I had to just laugh when I heard that our great VP, Dick Cheney, was lobbying FOR torture. That's a first, if I ever heard of one. Lord, that guy really is a bully - I bet he was a real jerk in school, beating up on kids smaller than him, thinking he was all big and bad. He would have made my life hell. He hides from any real danger, just like a bully (deferring five times from the war! Crazy). I echo the sentiments of that doctor in New Orleans who shouted when Mr. Cheney was visiting the hurricane zone, "go f*& yourself."

Is my life boring? Do you ever think everyone else is leading these super exciting lives and you are just sitting around? I can't imagine that most people do have these jet-setting lifestyles, no? I bet most people just come home after work, like me, and unwind - doing chores and maybe catching a tv show or two (loving that new WB show "SuperNatural"). I would be interested to know what it is that others do...(we can't all be Paris Hilton's).

Homer Simpson: "Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals ... except the weasel."

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you think everything gets to be boring if you do it enough? Eating your favorite foods, even travel?

I kind of like my routine, anonymous life. My weekdays go pretty much like yours, with an occasional trip to the grocery store, laundry to do, etc. I try to get out and about on the weekends.

And your life most definitely is not boring! You've visited more interesting places in the last few months than I've visitied in my whole life!

Love the HS quote!

10:00 AM  
Blogger Tony said...

I agree with Merci. You go to some great places!!!! Your life is SO not boring!

:-)

Now if you'd just come to Little Rock for a visit... we can have coffee... dish the dirt on Pax and just have fun.

.... not THAT kind of fun, you dirty minded tart! ;-)

8:38 PM  
Blogger Virginia Gal said...

Merci - thanks, sometimes I have to hear it from others that maybe my life is not so boring.
Adorable Tony - ha ha!! We must get together, if only to hatch plots on Pax and gang, hee hee.

8:09 AM  
Blogger ninjapoodles said...

I think Cheney was the one GETTING the crap beat out of him in school, which is part of why he's psychotic now.

And if you come to Arkansas and see Tony without seeing me too, you are a DEAD WOMAN. Seriously. Tony and I live, like 5 minutes away from each other. We're putting off meeting in person to build the drama.

4:06 AM  
Blogger Merci said...

2005 was year when the Earth's axis shifted a bit for me. Changes at work and changes in family started in 2005 that will alter my life permanently.

5:32 PM  
Blogger Virginia Gal said...

Laurie - we are going to get you out of Michigan - if only to come to Virginia!
Belinda - oh if I'm in Little Rock I'd love to see you and meet the future Oscar winner - Bella. But I have to worn you I'm afraid of dogs.
Merci - I'm feeling like 2006 is the year when my Earth axis changes. At least I hope so!

11:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home