Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Virginia Gal's Ministry of Justice

With all the talk of the death penalty in the news of late, I thought I'd list some of my solutions for crime and punishment (I should say right now, I'm not an altogether forgiving person, one of my favorite books is the Count of Monte Crisco, because he gets such awful revenge on those who did him wrong).

Killers/Murderers who show no remorse - send their ass to Afghanistan, to the caves to find the Taliban, its a fair fight. If they get held hostage, we don't really have to care, we didnt' want them anyway.
Child Molesters/Phidophiles - castration. These people, as it has been shown, can not be rehabilitated (they will say that themselves), so lets nip this problem in the bud.
Juvenile Deliquents - up to six months working in a Nike Factory in Indonesia, all work and no play for a nickel - suddenly life in America seems good and you'll be grateful for what you have!
White Collar Crime - people like Ken Lay and that Tyco guy, should be made poor - all their assests should be sold, the profits to be given to those they wronged and than these guys can go out and panhandle.
Serial Killers/Rapists - all put on some remote Island in the Pacific - they can stake and kill each other (it would probably be fun for them, since they like that).

Of course, the ideal solution would be to not create these people in the first place, to take care of all members of our society - people with mental health issues, children whose parents beat them, less worship of violence and condoning drug use, de-celebritizing the criminal world ... actually being a compassionate community instead of just talking about it.

7 Comments:

Blogger JoeinVegas said...

Well thought out. I would agree with all of your selections. Make more sense than locking them up in a school for hoodlums, to get better educated in how to get away with things.

3:58 PM  
Blogger ninjapoodles said...

Virgina Gal shows her Republican side! Aaaaiiieeeeeee!!!!

hee, hee. ;-)

4:09 PM  
Blogger Tony said...

I think Murderers should have to listen to Back to Back Mariah Carey's "Glitter Soundtrack" and Celine Dion's music. 23 hours a day.... give them an hour free time to puke the hell up.

I'm just saying.

8:29 PM  
Blogger Pax Romano said...

Tony's on the right track. I would include subjecting them to the sounds of 70's/80's crap-rock band, Styx.

So VG, you are a regular Hammurabi!

7:41 AM  
Blogger Virginia Gal said...

Joe - ah thank you (agreeing with all my suggestions). Don't worry Joe, when the revolution happens I'll make sure to find you a position at the ministry, hee hee.
Belinda - yeah, this is the only area where I tend to be more Republican...but in my defense, my faith does have a very strict sense of justice, so I don't have a large moral issue, like say Catholics.
Tony - ah thinking outside the box, that's what I'm talking about! I think most of my solutions are in that vein...let us try something different, it might be better than what we got.
Pax - I guess I am a regular Hammurabi (look at you with your ancient civilization history, fancy). I suppose I just get so mad at what I see as injustices that sometimes I want to hurt those people who abuse the system. Bascially I think these criminals pray on the niceness (is that a word?) of people and I hate that! Good thing I'm not a judge :)

7:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site... texas holdem poker pamela anderson anked

5:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY! Air comparison purifier Rimless and lightweight and eyeglasses and surgical plastic Mesothelioma settlement law lawyer cancer asbestos11 Alex dresses scholarships Patents lookup survey Missed doses lexapro

5:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home