Thursday, December 15, 2005

Help - I need a human!

I saw this brilliant article in People magazine recently - about this guy who has a website dedicated to helping you get to a human voice when calling some big corporation. I love it! I don't agree with always going to the operator, sometimes the prompts and automated system provide me with exactly what I need and I don't have to bother with a potentially surly human being on the other end. But usually when I call a place, it's because I've really hit a roadblock.

For example yesterday checking my credit card statement online, I couldn't find out what a temporary authorization was for that was showing up on my statement and the site didn't provide details, though I searched hi and low. So I had to go the mat, go to the phone. Fortunately, it was relatively painless, but there are some companies that make it virtually impossible to get to a human voice, that is where this great website comes in. Brilliant! Frustrated with your bank, need to find out something about your package delivery, check this site out!

http://www.paulenglish.com/ivr/

6 Comments:

Blogger Merci said...

Thanks! I've bookmarked the site for future reference. I generally don't mind the automated systems, either, but sometime I get one that is like a crazy maze, and I am the poor, dumb rat stuck in it!

8:43 AM  
Blogger Maidy said...

Oooo, I like this!! Thanks!

On a lighter note, I was wondering if you would like to receive a Christmas (or holiday .. I don't want to seem over-bearingly Christian) Card from yours truly and her family! Let me know at lifefamilyetal@gmail.com.

10:28 AM  
Blogger Pax Romano said...

That is so cool! Thanks for the link!

2:52 PM  
Blogger Virginia Gal said...

Merci - glad to see I'm not the only one who gets stuck in those mazes (you could get seriously lost in there,no?)
Maidink - oh thank you - I'll have to remember to send an email with address (put that on my mental list, hee hee).
Laurie I feel the same way about the buttons, sometimes they never have the option I'm looking for - frustrating!
Pax - Glad to be of help : )

8:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am sorry, that has interfered... This situation is familiar To me. It is possible to discuss.

1:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Willingly I accept. The theme is interesting, I will take part in discussion.

2:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home