Friday, January 27, 2006

Friday This and That

Just a few random thoughts from Virginia Gal....

Why do people enjoy humilating themselves on national television by trying out for American Idol? Come on, some of these people have to know they can't sing. Anyone who brings a prop or dresses funny, I think is just trying to get their fifteen minutes of fame. It was funny the first few seasons, but now it's just tacky and passe, been there done that. (of course my short Indian dad loves these audition episodes, he laughs and laughs).

I am so annoyed with some people at work. As the office clears out, more and more cubicles are going empty, including the nice big one across the hall from me. Since December, when the guy in that room left, I've been using it to say my afternoon prayers. I swear to God if every Tom, Dick and Harry hasn't stepped into that room when I'm praying - crikes - what is that about?! The room sits empty all day, the ONE minute I go in is the one time everybody and their brother-in-law needs to inspect it?!! Sheesh!

So the Danish Royal Family finally had the christening of His Royal Highness, Crown Prince Frederick and Her Royal Highness Crown Princess Mary's baby (who was born back in October). The baby's name is Christian Valdemar Henri John. I like it! This child is now second in line for the Danish throne (after his dad). Wonder if they are looking for a nice Indian-American girl to be on this kid's staff hmm.....
http://kongehuset.dk/artikel.php?id=75595&dogtag=kh

Steve Colbert is a genius. Watch the Colbert report - he is doing a DEAD-ON impression of Bill O'Reilly (yes I've seen him when flipping channels) - it is hilarious!
http://www.comedycentral.com/shows/the_colbert_report/index.jhtml

Again disappointed by the completely ineffective Democratic leaders in Congress. Seems Alito will get the nod for Supreme Court.

Righty-o, I'm off to London for the weekend, will be back Monday!

6 Comments:

Blogger Maidy said...

Ooooo, I love that baby's name! Noting it if we ever have another one. I like the Valdemar part.

Put a bear trap in front of the room before prayers. Then if anyone tries to walk in *SNAP* That'll teach them a lesson.

9:29 AM  
Blogger JoeinVegas said...

Must be hard to work at a place that everyone knows is winding down.

10:25 AM  
Blogger Tony said...

I love Colbert. He's so great... a perfect follow up to The Daily Show everynight.

2:16 PM  
Blogger Pax Romano said...

London? I guess you lost my tickets again?

5:15 PM  
Blogger Merci said...

Hope you had fun! Welcome back!

12:16 AM  
Blogger Virginia Gal said...

Maidink - a bear trip certainly would teach them - I tells you, I don't get why the second I'm in there is the second people come by, if I wasn't deep in prayer, I'd get smart with them.
Joe - oh you have no idea, it is very depressing working in a place where you've been at for a while and now everyone is scattering to the wind and leaving. Rows and rows of empty cubicles, very depressing!
Tony - oh yes, he is a hoot - everytime I watch him, I am in awe of how well he is doing Bill O'Reilly!
Divine - thanks!
Pax - don't you get comped tickets form Pax Americana Airlines?
Merci - yes it was fun, very short jaunt but fun!

8:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home