Friday, January 20, 2006

Reese Witherspoon


This was the topic I wanted to talk about yesterday, until my so-called friend peev'ed me off (but we won't go into that).

I love Reese Witherspoon. My crush and I were talking about actresses who we thought were pretty (yeah, don't ask how we got on that topic) and I mentioned Reese. When many people think of her they automatically think, "cute." But she is more than that, she is this pretty girl and a strong Southern woman. She is genuine, someone I would have gone to college with - who would have laughed at my weird self-depricating jokes and always said, "hello" to me. We might have sat down and watched Friends together. She would always have a kind word for me and I likewise.

She is sincere and un-fake, openly admitting to going to marriage counseling. She was so honest about it - that maybe her fairy tale life wasn't so fairy tale, I thought that was couragous. Better than so many Hollywood types who babble on about how much in love they are and than six months later getting a divorce.

I'm a fan of Reese Witherspoon because she and I are a bit alike. We have strong work ethics. We are a bit of modern mixed in with tradition (her family is being raised with strict Southern values). We don't mind taking digs at ourselves and never take ourselves too seriously. I love when people call me cute. Everyone calls her cute.

I so hope she wins the Oscar this year - it will be a victory for petite, cute, cheery, humorous, honest, hard-working girls around the world!

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000702/

3 Comments:

Blogger Molly Malone said...

Don't believe the hype for a minute! In 1932 I was juggling and yukking it up with a one miss Reese Witherspoon as a struggling vaudville actor in Wichita, KS. "Reese and Red," we were called, even though my hair was peroxided since the days of Coolidge. The name stuck. It's comedy, see? We all were struggling then. Vaudville was on the decline and it was WICHITA, after all. Anyway, Rusty Wheels, a premiere casting agent from a little place called Hollywood - the land of dreams - was making a dust bowl circuit that summer. He was looking for dames with golden locks and legs that go all the way down, for a picture titled, "Sun-kissed Sweethearts!" Reese and I knew - just knew - this would be our big break. After all, we slew in Enid with our "bumbling maids" routine. And we were tight back then. Thick as thieves, one might say. We swore if one of us was offered a part, we'd reject it if the other wasn't nabbed as well. We blood-swore on a copy of the Saturday Evening Post. That was serious business back then. You didn't mess with a "Rockwell swear" as we called them. Anyway, long story short, Wheels called Witherspoon and told her she oughtta ditch her squinty-eyed partner. "We don't like astigmatism, baby, and your doe eyes are all the pictures need, see?" Wheels told her. The last time I saw Reese, she was casually trying to ignore me from the back of her train as I chased it into that heartland twilight, shaking my fist. "I won't forget this, Witherspoon!" I cursed her. And I haven't! To this day, I do my best to let everyone know what a back-stabbing hussy she is. And I smash her mailboxes whenever I get a chance, too.
Well, Reese: What's it like never to have known a soup-line, princess? Huh!
Aw, balls! Forget her, VAgal! She's nuthin' but a phony, see? A phony!

4:33 PM  
Blogger JoeinVegas said...

But, don't all girls have legs that go all the way down? Or is that why some wear long dresses? What do they have, stilts under there?

And VG - do you mean the Pleasantville Reese or the Legally Blond Reese or who?

7:27 PM  
Blogger Virginia Gal said...

Laurie - she is cool - I gotta see that movie also : )
Snicks!! - Hello! Thanks for the info, I did not know she had a fashion faux pas, she looked so cute and her husband is a natural hottie, you never notice no?
Molly - I am so sorry to hear how she betrayed you, this is a part of her past we never hear about. Take comfort in knowing you're a legend from Santa Fe to Oklahoma City : )
Joe - I like Reese from Legally Blonde but even in Pleasantville, she was cute, though not nice. But did you notice her hair was always perfect in both - I would love to have hair like that.

8:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home