Wednesday, April 12, 2006

View from the 23rd Row

Sorry this is late in coming (especially to Merci, who I know is a faithful reader to this column), I had some business to attend to this morning.

This topic isn't wholly concentrated on one subject, instead I thought I'd just list all the pet peeves that I, as a frequent flyer, have with the flying experience. Perhaps it can help you to be a better traveler and have a great air experience!

Virginia Gal Pet Peeve's for Air Travel
1. Standing in line for an agent when you don't have to - don't be afraid of the electronic kiosks, they are your friend! They can do just about everything an agent can but without the surly attitude and in half the time! You can get seat assigments, check in bags, etc. It is a breeze, use them once and you'll be hooked!

2. Taking forever to get off the plane! Look, get your stuff and move! If you have a heavy bag in the overhead, wait a till a few rows behind you have gone and than step out and get your bag,while someone else is holding up the line further down.

3. Running to the gate five minutes before the flight time - hey hey, hey, if you have a confirmed seat, do us stand-by's a favor and haul your ass to the airport on time, we are waiting to see if you show up before we can get on.

4. Walking aimlessly and slowly in the middle of the airport hall. There are some of us who are running to catch a flight, please move to the side if wandering.

5. Guy in the middle seat gets both the arm rests. It's a rule, look it up.

6. Don't dwaddle on the jetway when getting off, move with an efficiency, like you own the place.

7. Don't forget your manners and common courtesies when flying, they still apply just cause you are in the air.

8. If you have bad service, PLEASE write to the airline, the only way we know one of our staff is not doing what they should (providing customer service) is by customers informing us.

9. Retain all stubs, tickets etc that you get from the airline until you have either completed the travel or you have gotten your frequent flyer miles, refunds etc. Don't throw away this stuff mid-trip, trust me it will come back to haunt you!

*As always, if you have a topic you'd like me to discuss, feel free to suggest - I'm not sure what I have or haven't covered.

8 Comments:

Blogger Merci said...

Great post, as usual! As someone who is NOT a frequent flyer, I love #6. I like to feel like I AM SOMEBODY who travels a lot. I like to stride off of the plane with authority. It's a great feeling!

7:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think a good post would be about how sweet, adorable and amazing Tony is.

That is all.

8:29 PM  
Blogger JoeinVegas said...

Thanks for the tips.

10:15 AM  
Blogger Virginia Gal said...

Merci - oh I'm glad you liked it, I wasn't sure what to write about this time - but yes you should always stride off with authority, it definitely makes one feel better : )

Someone who is Not Tony - It goes without saying Tony is Adorable and cute, could one post really do it justice?

Joe - my pleasure :)

10:29 AM  
Blogger Pax Romano said...

VG, and let me add; if you hope to sleep the entire flight, and you snore, do not sit next to Pax!!!

12:22 PM  
Blogger Virginia Gal said...

Hear hear Pax! (and how embarrassing is that, hee hee).

2:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site...
Side effect celexa and tlcharger dictionnaire scrabble 2004 Unterschied voip vodsl Acne scar bleaches

11:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice site! »

9:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home