Wednesday, April 19, 2006

View from the 23rd Row

Turbulence

I'm taking a page from a book I recently read, it was authored by a pilot. He had a FAQ section and someone asked about turbulence. I don't mind mild turbulence, that sort of up and down shaking, but what does frighten me is when you experience significant drops (it happened to me on a flight to NYC). According to the pilot turbulence is just like waves. To a pilot they are just something you naviagate, but they are not objects of fear, just part of the job.

Similar to a rough wave, turbulence does have the potential to kill but the last time a flight crashed because of turbulence, Bill Gates was still poor. I liked the pilot's explanation for turbulence, it has made me less scared (as far as I'm concerned the only time to be worried on a flight is when the flight attendants look panic'ed).

Summer Travel
Prices have already gone up, but you could still get some deals out there on airfare. The Washington Post Travel section this weekend reiterated again what I've been saying, the best bet for finding a deal is searching the internet, be prepared to spend some time visiting multiple sites. I found this column on USA Today about searching for travel fares on the internet, think it is a good read.

http://www.usatoday.com/travel/columnist/mcgee/2006-03-03-mcgee_x.htm


Happy Wednesday!

2 Comments:

Blogger Merci said...

Thanks again! I've bookmarked the Usa Today article to review when I plan my fall vacation.

12:42 PM  
Blogger Virginia Gal said...

My pleasure : )

7:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home