Wednesday, May 10, 2006

View from the 23rd Row

Today is going to be a bag of hodge-podge on the View from the 23rd Row.

- British Airways is having a big fare sale for travel to London for this fall - some good deals and again reiterates my point about finding you best deals on-line, a few months before you intend to fly. You must just keep looking around. I'm a travel geek, I check out expedia at least weekly, the airlines will pop up their fare sales here often.
http://www.britishairways.com/travel/offerus074/public/en_us

Traveling anywhere in the world, I've found Hotels.com has the best hotel prices. My friend and I stayed at the best hotel in Stockholm last March courtesy of hotels.com, it was a huge room and included not only breakfast but dinner! If you have a confirmed air ticket, why not go ahead and get the hotel before you leave home also. I figure out where I want to stay by checking out location guide books from the library, researching the city and than I know what I'm looking for when I go to the hotels site.
http://www.hotels.com/?js=1&zz=1147280030578

You probably already know this but hotel rates in Las Vegas are MUCH cheaper Sunday- Thursday, I'm thinking of going out myself, when I'm unemployed, stay at the Wynn for $200!

For my non-flying readers, saw this special this weekend in the Washington Post Travel Section and thought to copy and paste it here:
More than 60 U.S. bed-and-breakfasts are participating in a "Tanks a Lot" gas rebate program. Some inns are offering gas cards, while others are discounting their rooms. For example, the Inn at Starlight Lake in Starlight, Penn., has a $25 rebate for a two-night stay ($35 for three nights, $50 for four) through June; rooms with private baths start at $115 double. Info: 800-462-2632, http://www.bedandbreakfast.com/specials .

Finally an appeal, if you have difficulty walking, need a wheelchair/walker/aid, can you please wait till everyone gets off the plane and than proceed? This way those of us who have connections can make them and you don't have to feel like we are pushing you from behind. Thanks.

11 Comments:

Blogger Brenda said...

With the gas prices (it costs over $60 to fill up my truck) as they are right now, I don't think we'll be making any trips this year but sure do appreciate the tips for the next time I do travel!

9:55 PM  
Blogger Random Kath said...

Thanks for calling attention to the bed and breakfasts and Hotels.com . . . these will come in really handy this summer as I try to lure Mr. Random out of the city! :-)

11:13 PM  
Blogger Virginia Gal said...

Brenda - $60?! Oh my goodness, now my complaints about $25 for my little Honda Civic pale in comparison. oh this whole gas situation makes me so pissed - I now have to curb my spending to save cash for gas, where are the solar cars again? Freaking gas and car companies controlling us and putting us in this situation!

Random Kath - Let me know if you need my help to lure Mr. Random out of the city during the summer : )

8:45 AM  
Blogger Tony said...

You are NOT a boring person. You always make me smile and I adore you.

QUIT being so hard on yourself, dear heart.

oh.... e-mail me with your e-mail addy. jaxtonypiper@gmail.com

9:16 PM  
Blogger Virginia Gal said...

oh thanks Tony - you are so kind, am I hard on myself, I don't see it : )

I shall email you straightaway from my hotmail account.

11:13 AM  
Blogger chick pea said...

i love to travel...i'm always on a plane... ;). .thanks for the tips

1:15 PM  
Blogger JoeinVegas said...

Oooh - come to Vegas.

3:41 PM  
Blogger Virginia Gal said...

Chick Pea - my pleasure : )

Joe - I am so there, as soon as this job ends, I was thinking of taking a day trip out, going to a spa at one of the nice hotels and than flying home.

4:41 PM  
Blogger Merci said...

Anyone have suggestions about where to stay in San Francisco? We're contemplating a vaca out there sometime this year.

9:42 AM  
Blogger Virginia Gal said...

oh Merci you can get some great deals for hotels in SFO on hotels.com, that is one of their biggest cities.

We stayed right in downtown, where the trolley's empty out, it was lovely! I also wouldn't have minded being in Fisherman's Wharf area.

8:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site... » » »

5:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home