Monday, May 01, 2006

Graduate School and life....

I'm back!

Quick update, in a mere two weeks all three of the B-schools I applied for replied back. Drumroll please....

#1 - VCU - I'm in! Yay!!

#2 - University of Toronto - I'm wait-listed, not bad, not bad at all.

#3 - London Business School - rejected. But I'm not totally bummed out, the price tag for going to the school and living in London - $75,000. Really even if accepted, I would not have been able to go, much too expensive, can't incur that debt.

I'm pleased with my results, after seeing the GMAT score, I was afraid I wouldn't get into any of the schools. Two out three is not bad (according to University of Toronto, wait-listed is a positive thing and I'm taking it that way!).

Trip out to Phoenix was fun, without internet and all my household chores, it was like a mini-vacation. I truly was able to relax as soon as the quitting bell rang instead of constantly thinking, "what do I have to do." Already I've been back in the DC area two days and my nerves are back to were they were, I'm stressed out. Plus I think going out, meeting the people taking over my duties has helped me bring some closer to this job. I'm ready to move on. It's a good thing.

18 Comments:

Blogger Pax Romano said...

The Grad Schools: GOOD FOR YOU!!

I loved Toronto the last time I was there; beautiful city!

5:25 PM  
Blogger Merci said...

So you've got one in the bag, no matter what. You're set! And it's close to home!

I love Canada, and there's a lot to be said for going away, too.

Good Luck!

6:30 PM  
Blogger Tony said...

Welcome back! I missed you!!!


****HUGS****

8:32 PM  
Blogger JoeinVegas said...

So, which, VCU or wait for UofT?

10:18 PM  
Blogger Virginia Gal said...

Pax - thank you : ) I'm so happy to have been accepted, I was quite nervous with my GMAT scores being so low.

Merci - yup, close to home and one in the bag, works for me, considering I only applied to three schools, I'm feeling pretty good.

Tony - oh thanks, I missed reading all of you guys. I will try to get to my tag this week, promise!

Joe - leaning towards VCU cause it is more feasible, much more feasible! But we will see, University of Toronto is a very good B-school, but out of my price range.

4:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations.

x

3:11 PM  
Blogger Virginia Gal said...

Adham - thanks : )

3:33 PM  
Blogger NM said...

one word:VCU?
we swore we would never become those girls.

10:28 PM  
Blogger Virginia Gal said...

Sorry Naima - its to Richmond I head : )

10:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoo-hoo!!!!! CONGRATS! Things are looking up for you!

4:20 PM  
Blogger NM said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:11 PM  
Blogger NM said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:27 PM  
Blogger NM said...

hey aslong as ur happy.
somebody deserves to be.
=)

9:28 PM  
Blogger Virginia Gal said...

Divine - thanks!

Naima - Yes, I'm happy but would be much much happier if I was getting married, so I suppose its all relative : )

9:44 AM  
Blogger NM said...

maybe you find nice indian boy at business school.you know they vant to make some money and meet new people too yaar.
hahaha.

10:37 PM  
Blogger Virginia Gal said...

Naima - why do you think I'm going back to school, hee hee.

11:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great site
http://www.lexapro-loss-of-libido-in-20-year-boy.info/loan-greenville-sc.html fast+personal+loan

3:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site... http://www.dodge-charger-concept.info/jeep-wrangler-bumpers.html oder valium accounting management information systems pharmacy Laser hair removal n Gas permeable bifocal contact lenses car alarm galaxy 8100 rs strap on dildo cisco concentrator panama city beach condo rentals pcbeachpinnacleport Blackberry tone furs handy summer cooking school Custom labels for cosmetics Nissan 350z roadster convertible Conference calls for free wiring harness 74 jeep wagoneer Seat covers with adjustable head rest 1995 ford f150 custom grill

1:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home