Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Books Memo

Books Memo (Ok I saw this on joeinvegas site and liked it so much I stole it. I'm a bad person).

1. One book that changed my life- Well the obvious, the Quran, as I study it more, I think I become closer to my faith and God. But on another level, I liked the Dalai Lama's autobiography and reading about Buddihism, helped me to learn things I had never thought about, see the world in a different way.

2. One book that I have read more than once: Duh, James and the Giant Peach by Ronald Dahl, my absolutely favorite book.

3. One book I would want on a deserted island: oh tough one, maybe something about surviving on a desert island? Otherwise, I guess if stranded on a desert island, it would finally be the time for me to catch up on some long ass book, like War and Peace.

4. One book that made me laugh: The Stephanie Plum series always has me rolling (you probably see them in the bookstore with the numbers in the title "one for the Money" etc) by Janet Evanovitch. Also "sssh Can you Keep a Secret?" by Sophia Kinsella.

5. One book that made me cry: Night by Eli Weisel. So powerful and moving, if you don't cry when reading this, I worry for your soul.

6. One book I wish I'd written: I wish I had the talent to write something funny and amusing, that would make the best seller list and I would be on talk shows and Oprah would love me, something like "The Nanny Diaries" or "The Devil Wears Prada." or I wish I could find a publisher or editor as Nicholas Sparks did. ugh Nicholas Sparks, so very bad....

7. One book I wish had never been written: Mien Kaumpf by Hitler or The Communist Manifesto by Marx. Both used to terrorize the world.

8. One book I am currently reading: Prep and the Poe Murder Mystery. I'm waiting for the Tipping Point, from the library.

9. One book I have been meaning to read: Kite Runner, my friend has been hounding me for ages to pick that up. I guess I have to be in the right frame of mind.

7 Comments:

Blogger Merci said...

Great choices! I read Night a couple of decades ago, along with one or two other of Wiesel's books. Very moving. I must read them again.

12:24 AM  
Blogger JoeinVegas said...

Oooh - more books to put on my list. And you weren't stealing - I just didn't put you down to do it. Once school starts I figure you will be all tied down.

3:34 PM  
Blogger Pax Romano said...

VG,
Now I have some books to read!

3:46 PM  
Blogger Brenda said...

I love to read!

11:10 PM  
Blogger Virginia Gal said...

Merci - when I was going through this very period in my life, I read Night, why? Because it reminded me that my bad was nothing compared to others and I could get through it. I love Eli Weisel, I'd love to meet him and just shake his hand.

Joe - thanks, i loved this memo - it is great!

Pax- oh wow, you liked some of my book choices, I'm touched : )

Brenda - me too! I love to read!

2:41 PM  
Blogger Virginia Gal said...

Laurie!!! I love Stephanie Plum - I just got the 12th book in the series, hilarious!!
yes, i think we are on the same page as far as fear factor is concerned. I'm so annoyed with these new security measures - aye!!

11:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work
»

12:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home