Monday, April 16, 2007

Sad Day All-Around

Woke-up this morning to the news at Virginia Tech:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/04/16/AR2007041600533.html?hpid=topnews

We have a family friend who goes there, MashAllah (Thanks be to God) she is safe. Sad indeed - especially when you consider how close we all are to the end of the semester. Yet, I wonder if that contributed to this situation, nerves all-around campus are frayed as finals approach, summer plans are in the air etc. Plus, unlike VCU (my school), Virginia Tech has a high academic standard - so there would be added stress to do well.

I'm sad also for Virginia Tech, because its a good school, the population is friendly and nice (unlike the snobs at UVA). I pray for the families of the deceased.

On top of that, I'm struggling with finding a summer gig...I'm trying REALLY HARD to stay positive, but constantly being kicked down (just got another rejection from another airline), can take a toil, no? I must stay positive, because positivity attracts positivity!! It could be worse, I could be living in a refugee camp in Darfur, Sudan.

7 Comments:

Blogger Pax Romano said...

Not to sound trite, but that last thing you said is the ticket: it's all about perspective, my dear.

Stop chasing happiness, let IT find you.

And if all else fails, you know we have a wonderful opening here for you at Pax Romano Inc.

XOXO - Your Blog Father

6:22 PM  
Blogger Tony said...

It really IS sad about VT. I am so glad your friend is safe. MashAllah indeed.

Stay positive, just like Pax said. You'll find something. Don't stress it.

***hug***

5:25 AM  
Blogger Brenda said...

I also feel so bad for the students and facualty at VT. What a horror they went through yesterday.

7:36 AM  
Blogger Molly Malone said...

Even though I know you're not at Tech, I still prayed for you, yesterday. A prayer of thanks that it wasn't your school and a prayer of comfort because things like these resonate on other campuses.

As far as finding a job, I agree, tough as it is (and trust me, I know it's tough), keep up the good attitude. Attitude is everything and that more than anything PREDETERMINES everything. A friend recently blogged on turning 30 and she said she's happy about it because (and I'm paraphrasing liberally here) she's learned essentially to happy with her life as it is, for the blessing it is. I hope to learn that before I'm 40, but I thought I'd pass it on.

We can waste time moaning that life isn't what we want it to be, or we can rejoice in the sometimes unexpected blessings that are all around us. Since I'm trying to teach myself all that, I'll make sure to pass you notes!

7:49 AM  
Blogger JoeinVegas said...

Look at all the friends you have. WE care.

12:10 PM  
Blogger mommanator said...

When I heard the news I couldnt remember where you were and I too prayed you weren't involved! I agree with all before me count your blessings gal. We are helping each other daily! If nothing more than in prayer!

4:49 PM  
Blogger Virginia Gal said...

Pax - thank you dear for the support, you're right, I must be happy and IT will find me. Plus there is always Pax Airways ; )

Tony - thank you for the hugs and I'm taking your words to heart, no stress.

Brenda - yes very sad, what a tragedy.

Molly - oh bless you for the prayers, all safe here at VCU. And you're so sweet about the living in the moment, I shall endeavor to take heart in the unexpected blessings around me, much joy to be had!

Joe - Thanks, it is amazing to know all these great people, who haven't even met me in person, care so much about me. Its indescribable! (spelling).

Mommanator - I love that - it is beautiful, helping each other in prayer. Thank you.

1:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home