Sunday, April 08, 2007

Sunday Ramblings

Thanks for everyone's good thoughts - send all positivity my way, its helping me to wake up each day and take on life, despite just wanting to curl under and go back to being 14 and loving New Kids on the Block.

I watched A Walk to Remember this weekend - the movie based on Nicholas Spark's book. We read a Nicholas Sparks book in bookclub a few years back. I'm totally befuddled by this man's success. Is it just me, but sacchrin overdose! These stories are so sryupy sweet -blach. I just don't get it...every one of this man's books hits the best-seller's list, such drivel.... how?!! Why?!!

I love the show, "Deadliest Catch" on the Discovery Channel - its about Alaskan fishermen. Does anybody else watch it? Truly a deadly job (if you end up in the water because either you fell or the boat sank, you have like a 5% chance of survival in the frigid Bering Sea water) - these guys are manly men, doing a real tough job...I think why I really like about this show is because it lets me glimpse into a world so wholy different from my own, one that I will probably never experience. Plus its in a part of the world that I love, Alaska.

VCU has turned the heating off in the dorms for the season, I'm freezing my ass off! 28 degrees tonight in Richmond.

Nathan Fillion's new show comes on next week - Drive, April 15th on Fox, mark your calendars!

I wanted to give blood this weekend but have to wait till the end of April because I'm quarantined after having visited India last April (malaria risk). Some local gas station was giving free oil changes if you gave blood this weekend - would have been sweet.

Have a great week!!

5 Comments:

Blogger Maidy said...

Never read Nicholas Spark. Thanks for the warning. Reads like that give me acid indigestion.

I would like to give blood, but being iron poor makes it impossible.

1:30 AM  
Blogger Tony said...

I love deadliest catch. Have season 1 on dvd and still like to watch it.

hated hated HATED A walk to remember. Thought the movie was crap, and i actually like Mandy Moore, but OMG that movie was awful.

4:26 AM  
Blogger JoeinVegas said...

Oh - the cold. Did you see the ice that has to be hammered off of those boats?

11:28 AM  
Blogger Molly Malone said...

I hate Nicholas Sparks' stuff, too. I haven't seen "The Notebook" because having read the book gave me diabetes. Maybe he's so popular for the same reason fast food is so popular: quick, convenient, nothing of real substance but it tastes good.

A thought: if you - an avid purveyor of the romantically, romantic romance - deem anything too sachharine sweet, you can take it to the bank. It IS!

7:07 AM  
Blogger Virginia Gal said...

Maidink - hee hee - yes reads like that are just too much for me also...who likes this guy, that is my question.

Tony - yeah I thought I'd like A Walk to Remember because I like Shane West, but urgh, so bad!!!
You have Deadliest Catch on DVD?! Wow you're dedicated (or you like watching the manly man doing their job, LOL, jk). Isn't it a great show?! I wish they would give us more back story on the fishermen though.

Joe - I did see that, when they were breaking the ice off their boats, so scary. How do they do that, did you see the one where the wave nearly knocked the boat over. These guys are either really brave or really crazy.

Molly - ha ha - so true, so true, if I, Virginia Gal, lover nay addict of romance novels can't stand Sparks, one must take a step back. Thanks for making me laugh : )

1:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home