Thursday, June 28, 2007

Kelly Clarkson CD Review

Kelly Clarkson's latest CD came out this past Tuesday. My sister and I got it straightaway. We (my sister and I) don't usually share similar musically tastes, but for Kelly we make the exception. We BOTH really love her!

I know the music critics have panned the CD, but I REALLY like it. There are a lot of girl angtsy songs, but here's my thing - there are a lot of angtsy girls out there, me included. We have been burned by romance, love, there is still a bitter taste there (be it ever so lingering) and Kelly's songs just hit these nerves. She has great Girl Power anthems, without being so pop-y. Her music is more like a mix of genres, rock, accoustic soul, pop, jazz. I'm currently enamoured with the songs "Never Again" "Sober" and "One Minute" I also like "Haunted" about a love lost. From Virginia Gal, I highly recommend this CD.

Traffic Complaint - For God's sake, on Wednesday when I was driving to the airport to catch my Boston flight, some moron got into an accident, closing (wait for it), ALL four lanes of 95 northbound. That's right - ALL FOUR LANES! I really think there should be some fines inacted if you are found to be the cause of an accident at rush hour. This person nearly made me miss my flight! People who cause accidents at rush hour (at an already critical time) should be punished for inconveniencing all the rest of us! The money could be used for the greater good of society, maybe increase police pay?? And hopefully these heavy fines will make people drive with their brains on, instead of the current off situation - hence causing all these problems!

Sidenote - guess who was on my plane again on Monday - from Boston to DC - John Kerry! I swear I must muster up some courage and speak with him!

10 Comments:

Blogger Mailyn said...

I see you are from India. I've been watching Bollywood movies for like forever and a lot of my fanart on my site is from stars and movies I like. I also have a lot of Indian friends so I keep up with the latest entertainment news from there. Oh and I get my FILMFARE magazine each month. Hehehe. Glad I found your blog! Very interesting.

12:13 AM  
Blogger Tony said...

I like the new KC cd, too. I heard it in the store, the other day and loved it.

:-)

1:24 AM  
Blogger mommanator said...

I'll say yes to that route 95 rule, also, how about at least leaving one lane open so us nuts who travel 95 can at least creep along.
I thought Kelli had gone to more hard rock stuff? No? will have to take a listen to it

10:11 AM  
Blogger Molly Malone said...

i believe in you, mustering up the courage to speak with leaders and celebrities. what the hell? leaders NEED to hear from the people. speak up!

as for traffic accidents. many people who cause those massive backups with accidents are punished. they often die in those crashes.
i share your frustration, though. something i dislike about highways/freeways on the upper east coast is that there are few or no access roads. in texas, each highway in the city has an access road on street level which parallels it. this means, if you take an exit too early, you don't have to spend 30 minutes winding through side streets, you're automatically back on the access road on the surface. you may have to go through a light or two, but you can get back on the freeway in no time flat. it's seriously convenient. likewise, if there's a back up on the freeway, you can make your way to the access road and ride it parallel to the freeway. it's not the 100% workaround, but it abates the frustration.

12:07 PM  
Blogger Merci said...

Every time I've travelled to Williamsburg on 95 I've encountered standstill traffic near DC. I haven't been there in years, but if I went, I'd skip DC altogether and go down through Delaware.

9:35 PM  
Blogger JoeinVegas said...

Perhaps it's a sign that you should go into politics.

5:11 PM  
Blogger Virginia Gal said...

Mailyn - Welcome! oh I'm so glad you like my blog, its my little space in the world, I always worrying its boring, happy to hear otherwise. Thanks!

Adorable Tony - see this is why we are buds, we like the same things, Sound of Music, KC, great minds think alike, my friend, great minds : )

Mommanator - I concur, something has to be done about 95, one lane or something. Traffic on this side of the country is abysmal, you just can't move at certain times of the day. Ridiculous. oh Yes, give Kelly a try, I think you'll be bopping your head in no time!

Molly - I like your idea of an access road, something must be done, you know how it is up here, just so frustrating that one person's accident can cause such a chain reaction - that's a really bad and precarious system if you ask me. Yes your right I should talk to him, but up in Boston it seems like everyone is cool and to talk to him makes me like a yokel, aye!

Merci - Hi my friend - long time no see?! I so hope you are doing well, I think of you often, bopping by your page to see if any updates, just know I'm here for you, if you need me. As for 95 through DC, yes you are correct, never moving, ever! Even on a Sunday night. Sad.

Joe - ha ha, politics, moi. Naw...unless I married a politican, hee hee.

9:59 PM  
Blogger CS said...

I can't see why they'd need to close all four lanes, unless it was a truly horrific accident (which would be punishment enough). SOme accidents are caused by bad driving but some by bad luck or honest mistakes, so I'd hate to see an across-the-board punishment for all accidents.

8:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

CS - apparently it was a horrible accident, four girls died. Which is sad, and I agree accidents happen (bad weather etc), but truly think that 95% of accidents are driver error - people, I notice do not drive smart. The worst is that most people THINK they are good drivers, when in fact they are not! Still I think some punishment for causing an accident at rush hour must be enacted, something must be done, cause down here in DC, it happens DAILY. Frustrating.

7:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.

2:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home