Sunday, May 20, 2007

Summer Plans

With the tv season winding down and students taking final exams, as pesky insects start to come out and the days are longer, it can only mean one thing...summer is here!!! (well not offically here, it comes in like a month, but play along for my intro/lead in, it was either this or taa daa).

And now, without further ado....my summer plans. I'm working for my beloved non-descript airlines -in Recruiting!!!! Yay!!!! I'm so excited, this is EXACTLY what I wanted to be doing for the summer (not necessarily with beloved non-descript airline, any airline would have worked). As an HR professional, Recruiting is the big thing I've been missing from my HR resume and now I'll be getting it!!! Plus there is a lot of travel involved (at company expense, schwing!). So Virginia Gal not only gets to do something she wants, live at home (rent-free) but travel as well - woohoo!

Mind you this all happened recently - as late as a month ago, I was sadly depressed, having heard nothing from any of the internship places I had applied, or getting outright rejected. I felt like such an MBA loser - especially when it is understood that MBA's, who are not already full timed employed, should be doing an internship for the summer.

I emailed a friend from beloved non-descript airline asking if she had any leads on jobs, anything at the airport, four weeks later, she emailed me back, turns out she had been promoted to head of East Coast Recruiting and wanted to know if I would like to join her team for the summer....a faster, "hell yeah" could not have been uttered.

So I'm very excited and thanks to all for their well-wishes, my 11th hour miracle came true!

11 Comments:

Blogger Tony said...

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:)

2:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good to see you happy!

7:04 AM  
Blogger mommanator said...

the mommanator is proud! congrats, I tole ya to just relax and something would happen! Good luck this summer. How was the wedding?

8:23 AM  
Blogger Jill said...

Woo-hoo! Glad to hear it. Congratulations!

9:14 AM  
Blogger JoeinVegas said...

Yes, official congratulations - hope you do well, and it leads to something good when you do graduate.

10:47 AM  
Blogger Random Kath said...

WOOOOO! Lots of happy dancing happening here right now in your honor! :-)

I am so glad things worked out for you this summer, and in your chosen field.

AND you get to travel, too? YAY!

See, if you keep thinking positively, good things DO happen . . . it just may take a while.

11:14 AM  
Blogger Pax Romano said...

So when will you be in the Philly area????

7:02 AM  
Blogger Zelda Parker said...

Congradulations, you deserve good things.

6:28 AM  
Blogger CS said...

Sweet! That coudn't have worked out better - I'm happy for you!

2:11 PM  
Blogger Miz BoheMia said...

It's not a miracle my friend... know exactly what you want, desire it and feel it without shame and without apologies and SHAZAM, the universe will respond...

And so you did and so it happened...

Magical!

WOOOHOO! Congratulations my sweet friend! Live it up and relish it (I am SO sure you will!!!)

:-)

5:13 PM  
Blogger Virginia Gal said...

Tony - thanks darling!

Maidink - thank you, I'm working hard to remember to bask in the happiness and not let negativity drag me down.

Mommantor - you were correct, relaxing and not stressing seem to do the trick - thanks!! Graduation was fun, lots of pomp and circumstance, hee hee.

Darla - thank you, it is a great feeling to have this for the summer!

Joe - mad props to you, for all yoru help and encouragment, I really do think this summer I might be out in Vegas (beloved airlines has a hub there), so hopefully I can thank you properly in person!

Random Kath - Amen sister, about having the patience, I'm liking this new approach to life, it is slowly catching on for me, but it is definitely working. Thanks for the happy dance (I shall join you).

Pax - funny enough I might be in Philly some during the summer, we have a big recruiting push there as well. I would LOVE to meet up with all the family from Jersey!

Zelda - oh you are so sweet, I don't know if I deserved it, but I'm touched that you think so, Thank you.

CS - You are correct, couldn't have worked out better, thank you!

MizBohemia - oh thank you so much MizBohemia, I like the idea that if one wants something in the world without desires and shame, the universe sets upon making sure you get it. What a pure thought - I'm going to use that as part of my new positive life attitude. thank you! Besos!

12:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home