Saturday, June 09, 2007

Absolutely Smashingly Fabulous Good News!!!

My dear friends, I came home Tuesday night, disgusted with a difficult Cases in Finance Class, nearly accused of cheating by a fellow classmate (hilarious when you consider how poorly I'm doing in that class), just a bit down on myself. Walked through the front door to the table where my sister had sorted my mail (thank you pokecharm). A letter from the VCU School of Business was there.

"Great" I thought, "another bill or some notice telling me I've missed a class or that I'm going to have to jump through some extra hoop to get the diploma." Came upstairs and causually opened the letter....guess what - YOUR'S TRULY HAS WON A HUGE SCHOLARSHIP!!! It will cover my entire 2nd year of MBA school tuition and fee's, as well as some award money!!! I was and am over the moon!!!


I applied for this scholarship in March and having not heard back from them by now, figured I had not gotten it. The lesson I've learned here is that all my stressing over school and working so hard to do well paid off. I may not be genetically "smart" but what I lack in I.Q. I'd like to think I make up with shear sweat. For everyone who believed in me, from those early days on, thank you - I couldn't have stuck with it, without everyone's support. this money is going to go to help me do my study abroad next spring - which is fabulous because otherwise I was going to have to take out a huge loan.


VIRGINIA GAL DOING THE HAPPY SNOOPY DANCE!!!

VIRGINIA GAL DOING THE HAPPY SNOOPY DANCE!!!

Sidenote - guess who was on my plane coming back from NYC - Hilary Clinton. Wild, no? This morning I rode down to Charlotte with John Ashcroft (who smiled at me) and than to my surprise as I waited for a seat assignment for the 3:45pm flight back from CLT to DC, who was there as well....Mr. Ashcroft! Imagine my surprise...if I didn't know any better I'd say he was following me LOL.

10 Comments:

Blogger Tony said...

OMG!!! That is amazing news! I am so happy for you!!!!

Tony does the Happy Snoopy Dance with VG!!!!!


'Atta girl!

7:50 PM  
Blogger mommanator said...

CONGRADULATIONS!!!

9:07 AM  
Blogger CS said...

Hang on, I'm going to Snoopy Dance in your honor for a moment...
Okay - Yea for You!!!!

3:29 PM  
Blogger Random Kath said...

That's so wicked awesome, my dear!

{much happy Snoopy dancing here}

See, so many great things are happening - keep believing in yourself . . . we all certainly do!

9:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely blog - congratulations :)

Shanti

4:15 PM  
Blogger JoeinVegas said...

Do we get a video of you dancing?

11:27 AM  
Blogger Virginia Gal said...

Tony - hee hee thanks for joining in the dance, the more the merrier!!

Mommantor - Thank you!

MizBohemia - Gracias mi amiga - thank you, I love "fo sho" : )

CS - adore your snoopy dance - in my honor, thank you!

Random Kath - oh God bless, you're right this continued belief in myself can move mountains, no?

Shanti - Welcome! Thank you for the kind words on the blog and the congratulations!

Joe - no sorry no video's, hee hee - wouldn't want to scare you : )

2:38 PM  
Blogger Pax Romano said...

Oh I am late to this party... BUT GOOD FOR YOU!!!!

Now you can live the life of a professional student!

8:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pax - thank you, hee hee, yes the life of a professional student!

11:19 PM  
Blogger Brenda said...

Great news kid!! I can't think of anyone more deserving!

2:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home