Sunday, June 24, 2007

Sunday This and That

First huzzah's to Maidink and family - their newest addition, baby JT arrived, June 20th??, 2007. Check it out at http://lifefamilyetal.com/blog/

I've resigned myself to a B in this Cases in Finance Class - oh well, whatever, I'm flying around the country this summer and for me, that's the shizzle!

I'm on this Muslim internet "dating" site and the weirdest thing, so I accepted these three guys who asked to correspond with me. For one of the guys, I emailed him two or three times and I guess he didn't like my responses because he just unchecked me on the site. But so did the other two guys...I'm a bit peeved - I guess its my vanity but what was in my response or profile that so turned them off, to the extent that they went back on the site and unchecked me? Is this a power thing or do I have a repulsive personality? Aye, why do I care..back to my positivity mantra, I'm not letting the hater's bring me down!

Finally, fabulous article on Dick Cheney in the Washington Post today its one of a four part series- truly scary the potrait that emerges, a man so powerful, so ruthless, cunning, he doesn't forgive or forget but bids his time for revenge and getting his way...reminds me of some of the descriptions you read of dictators, so single minded in their pursuits and absolute in their knowledge that they are right above all else (God is fairly absent in their everyday lives so that their is no entity higher than the person).
http://blog.washingtonpost.com/cheney/chapters/pushing_the_envelope_on_presi/index.html

9 Comments:

Blogger mommanator said...

Keep up that positive spirit! Who needed them anyway! They don't have what it takes for a gal like you!, prob not smart enough.

9:12 AM  
Blogger JoeinVegas said...

Internet dating? Perhaps at your internship you might find some more suitable aquaintances.
Hope the final grades are OK.

11:37 AM  
Blogger Molly Malone said...

i agree with Darla's last sentence. just based on what you've told me about the typical muslim male, these guys might be scared off by an actual human being and not a worshipping echo chamber. ... either that or you HAVE to stop mailing them bottles of "musk of virginiagal." i mean, just because i like it doesn't mean many people don't find it creepy.
enjoy flying around the country this summer!!

8:44 PM  
Blogger pissed off patricia said...

I've been reading the Cheney articles and he is one dangerous man. Sadly he is a heartbeat away from being the president.

4:20 PM  
Blogger Pax Romano said...

Keep on plugging girl, but remember what I told you: When you are NOT looking for it, that's when it falls into your lap!

Trust me on that one.

As for Big Dick. I pray their is a hell for people like him.

10:53 AM  
Blogger Miz BoheMia said...

Oh the lows we have sunk to with this damned administration are pathetic and bone chilling to boot... we need a change and we need it NOW and I hope these assholes have a horrible downfall they deserve and may it get their asses in jail!

Go Edwards GO!

5:18 PM  
Blogger Virginia Gal said...

Mommantor - thanks, sometimes its hard, but I like this positive attitude way of life, its much better! hee hee - you're right they are not smart enough : )

Joe - final grade a B, I can live with it, not particularly happy but what are you going to do, no?
Ha ha - a guy on the internship, in the airline biz, 50% of the men are gay the other 50% married. Sad for us single gals.

Darla - I think you are right, these guys didn't want someone so independent - whatever, I'm all Kelly Clarkson right now, their loss, hee hee.

Molly - Musk of Virginia Gal - you always make me laugh - thank you dear!

POP - yes these articles are so scary and when you read it you see that really he does a lot of stuff without the president's knowledge, scary!

Pax - You're right - this summer I'm not doing too much in the romance venue, so who knows?? As for DC - how does he sleep at night, that's what I'd like to know, no moral compass at all!

MizBohemia - Yay - go Edwards!! We definitely need change - sadly we had 8 stinking years of this crap, see now when you come back you must help to move this country in the right direction.

11:14 PM  
Blogger CS said...

Those sites areodd, and the normal rules don't seem to apply. Some people disappear without a word of explanation, others are way more interested than you'd like them to be. I don't think you can take it personally. ANd besides, if there is something about you that doesn't fit for someone (like being smart abd assertive), you don't need them in your life anyway.

8:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

CS - you're right, those sites are weird, with lots of weirdo's on there.

7:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home