Monday, May 14, 2007

Watches and Running Late

Thanks to everyone for their well-wishes regarding the foot. I did end up going to urgent care ($300 for doctor visit and x-ray, not so bad, I was afraid it would range in the $1000's). Right now the doctor has me wrapping the foot and icing it with lots of advil/ibuprofen doses. I'm wacky happy all the time, hee hee.

My accident does bring up a point about me though - I tend to always be rushing. I'm always running late. I was hurrying that day, which caused me to trip. What is this about my personality, I can't do things slowly. It plays into my inherent impatience, I hate waiting. The light turns green and I'm accelerating. I like things now, immediate. Which leads me to wonder is that why I absolutely must wear a watch? Is anybody else like this? I can't live without a watch on my right wrist. For as long as I can remember the watch has been there. I don't know how one lives without a watch. Is this particular to me? Why am I always in a rush? Does always being in a rush predispose me to perhaps not ever being satisfied? Aye what does this all mean?

oh almost all my final grades are in - straight A's, BUT (and this is a big one) my financial management grade has not been posted, I think its going to ruin my perfect 4.0 average, but as long as its a "B" and not the dreaded "C", I'll be ok. This waiting is killing me!

To all the mom's out there - Happy Mother's Day!!

8 Comments:

Blogger mommanator said...

Waiting /watching- you must be a madwoman! I only wear a watch when I am working and now I am retired I never wear one despite having several of them. I have never been in a hurry and I hate being late! I just start earlier. Can't deal with all that running around.
All 4.0 eek and you complain about no social life! how can you have one you are studying all the time LOL

9:20 AM  
Blogger JoeinVegas said...

I gave up wearing a watch a few years ago, when I realized that I was running because of it. All I've got now is my cell phone time display, which is harder to check all the time, so I don't. Life is a lot nicer. (but I don't have classes to be on time for)
Hope the foot does better - are you in cast?

11:38 AM  
Blogger Jill said...

I must sheepishly admit that I, too, am ruled by the watch. And the family calendar (known as The Calendar). I try to be mellow and not schedule too many activities, but there is still lots going on, with work and school and everything else. If I forget to put my watch on and look at my bare wrist, I get that sinking sensation in my stomach.

Mommanator has a good point, though - starting earlier and planning things out help keep me sane (relatively - insert maniacal laugh here).

So, VA Gal, you are definitely not alone!

7:38 PM  
Blogger CS said...

I stopped wearing a watch a few years ago. I have a clock in my office, of course, because I need to stay on schedule with sessions. But I figure with the ubiquitousness of clocks - on the car dash, on the cell phone, on my computer, even on my iPod, I don't need a watch. And now I find i like not checking my wrist all the time.

8:30 PM  
Blogger pissed off patricia said...

I only wear a watch when I am going somewhere, never here at home.

At our intersections down here if you take off when the light turns green, chances are you'll be hit by someone running the red light in the other direction. We do not assume the red light will stop anyone, most times it doesn't. Usually two or three cars will run it before all the traffic stops.

10:43 AM  
Blogger Virginia Gal said...

Mommantor - oh bless your heart, yes that is what I'd like to think, that its because of all my studying that I don't have a social life, but sadly I wonder if maybe its because I'm not cool enough???

Joe - good news, no cast! I didn't break anything, just a sprain. I'm all bandaged up but not so bad. Thanks for the well wishes!

Darla - hee hee, starting early for me, never happens, I thrive on running late. What is wrong with me. Glad to know I'm not alone (God can you imagine when I have kids...crazy!).

CS - That must have been a liberating feeling, not checking your wrist all the time, I'm addicted to doing that, especially in a boring class (see financial management).

POP - hi! hee hee, where do you live again? I'll have to remember not to dash out on a green light. I try not to do that too much here either because you're right, you never know whose running a red light.

12:33 AM  
Blogger Miz BoheMia said...

A watch on the right hand (and I am NOT left handed mind you!), supporting John Edwards (WOOH!), always in a rush and constantly hurting yourself AND obsessed with your 4.0? Hmmm... Are you sure we aren't related?

:-)

Hope the foot is healing better my friend!

10:08 AM  
Blogger Virginia Gal said...

hee hee MizBohemia, we are totally related!!

Too bad we didn't grow up together, I just know you would have been such a cool sister to have - thanks for the well-wishes foot is on the mend.

1:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home