Wednesday, September 24, 2008

My favorite Movie



This is a little something for my fabulous Scottish friend, Kate; who has had some sad news come her way recently.

The Sound of Music is my all-time favorite movie. No matter where I am, what I am doing or how I feel, the songs of the movie always bring a smile to my face and lighten up my spirit. It is indeed my soothing film as well, the one I go to when I am feeling blue. I've watched this film every year at winter break and now associate it with cozy December mornings full of family and hot chocolate. This particular song, "So Long Farewell," I adore and have memorized, often singing it in my head.

I hope my fabulous lovely friend Kate, that it gives you as it has to me (even if it is ever so small), comfort.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are a fabulous friend - thank you so much for this and for all your kind words. I don't know what I'd do without you.

kxxxx

6:41 AM  
Blogger mommanator said...

I love that too! and how sweet4 you to think of in this time for Kate!

9:04 AM  
Blogger Brenda said...

What a dear gesture of friendship!

9:51 AM  
Blogger Jennifer Chronicles (jenx67.com) said...

the name of one of the Von Trapp children inspired my daughter's name. it's been my favorite for at least 25 - 30 years?

6:54 PM  
Blogger JoeinVegas said...

Hot chocolate seems to fit that movie.

11:30 AM  
Blogger Virginia Gal said...

Kate - I wish I could do more!

Mommantor - it is a good tool!

Brenda - its the little I could do.

Jenx67 - oh now you have piqued my curiosity, which girl?

Joe - it does, doesn't it?

1:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was just talking about that movie this weekend! Don't you love synchronicities?

8:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home