Sunday, September 21, 2008

Over It

Wanting you,
to be wanting me.
No that ain't no way to be.
How I feel, read my lips,
because I'm so over..
Moving on, its my time,
you never were a love of mine.
Hurt at first, a little bit,
but now I'm so over.
I'm so over it..

These Katharine McPhee (yes that Katharine McPhee of American Idol fame) lyrics to her first single, "Over It," succinctly encompass my thoughts and feelings for my long held crush, that guy from South Africa.

He was here in Washington DC this week and Virginia Gal was unaffected. Yes, I did go to dinner with him one night, but that was it. I did not rearrange my schedule or jump up each morning to call him - progress! Instead he called me to set up the dinner date and than the first night he was here he wanted me to come out, but I said, "no." And than I knew he was alone on Friday night but since I had already made plans to go to my Uncle's place, I did not blink an eye and said, "whoops sorry I am busy that evening." I proceeded to my Uncle's and had a FABULOUS time, and didn't think of said crush once!!

Also, when we did go out for dinner, I realized, much as I like him for a friend. I would kill him, if we were married. He is much to much hung up on looks and being rich. Plus his politics and mine do not agree as well...so while it is ok to be pals (who doesn't like having a hot South African guy as a friend), there is no longer any chemistry on my end.

How's that for being over it, peeps?! If I do say so myself, Virginia Gal is pretty proud of herself!

7 Comments:

Blogger Brenda said...

Sounds to me like a totally independent young lady who's ready to conquer the world! And that's a good thing to be.

10:11 AM  
Blogger my mind wanders said...

Well, this friend is one happy friend! I am so glad for you! Congrats. I know this is a big realization. H

3:42 PM  
Blogger mommanator said...

u be the gal!

9:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay for you!! That's a good feeling, isn't it?

4:59 PM  
Blogger Molly Malone said...

Huzzah! Feels good to be over a crush, doesn't it?

7:58 AM  
Blogger Virginia Gal said...

Brenda - why thank you, I am the new independent woman for sure!

My Mind Wonders - thank you, it has been a long rocky path to get to this realization and I appreciate all you lovely friends coming along for the ride.

Mommantor - Thank you dear!

Joe - you are sweet, but I hardly qualify for either young or pretty, but thanks : )

Citizen - it is a great feeling!

Molly - oh yes it does, huzzah, huzzah, huzzah!

12:19 AM  
Blogger Jill said...

You rock, VA Gal! Woohoo! :-)

9:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home