Saturday, September 13, 2008

Ramadan and Bombings

I am just boiling mad and had to get this off my chest.

Currently we Muslims are observing the most holy of months in our religious calender, Ramadan. It is the month of fasting, when we are suppose to not only physically fast (no food or drink during the day) but also to improve our selves, to be better human beings.

With that preface, I am unutterably disheartened, disgusted, angry about these bombings in New Delhi, India that happened today. Where is the self-reflection of Ramadan in killing innocent people, for God knows what reason?!!!! You freaking morons!!!

And what angers me is that this is happening in India; generally known for peaceful Muslim relations. I know these idiots who claimed to have done this are not Indian Muslims. They are outsiders, namely Arab's or Pakistani's, who have come into India to stir up the pot. What the he$@ is wrong with you?! I'm so sorry your country is f*&k'ed up, but why don't you clean that up instead of wrecking havoc elsewhere. you jerks!!!

As it is Muslims have, in recent years, been the scapegoats in Indian politics. The Indian politic party that was in power for a while in the 1990's, the BJP, was based almost soley on the racist premise that Muslims are bad for India and needed to be explelled from the country (yeah similar to the Nazi's or the Serb's). These stupid outsiders, who did this bombing, are not helping anything (well that is a duh statement in itself) but definitely NOT helping Indian Muslims.

New Delhi is like my second home, I spent nearly every summer there during my childhood. I know these shopping locations where the bomb blasts went off, the shop owners, the cast of characters who inhibit that area. I am broken hearted that this has happened in this location, which I associate with happy memories and I only pray that these a&*hole's are caught and caught soon and as far as I'm concerned, since they are so-called Muslims, they deserve to be punished the Islamic way, "an eye for an eye," (stoning or hanging works for me).

May Allah bless those who were killed and injured in these blasts, regardless of their faith, and comfort their families with His light and grace.

Here is a link on the bombing story -
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/09/13/AR2008091301215.html

9 Comments:

Blogger mommanator said...

I am so sorry for those folks! and oyu! I will pray for this too!

8:52 PM  
Blogger Molly Malone said...

i wish i had some words of comfort for you, dear. please know that i extend my sympathy to you. i DESPISE it when people use my religion to commit sins in the name of the Creator, so i can't imagine the betrayal you must be feeling. clearly these self-absorbed creeps don't care that their actions hurt those they'd otherwise call brethren and that they essentially defecate on the name of God with their ugliness. utter selfishness.

8:52 PM  
Blogger Pax Romano said...

I can understand how tough it must be to see a place you have ties to become destroyed due to the mindless acts of hell raisers.

The sad fact is: people will never learn, they will continue to kill and destroy in the name of god or seek vengeance on those they consider to (somehow) be at fault for their own miseries.

8:07 AM  
Blogger my mind wanders said...

I am so sorry to hear about this! Thanks for bringing it to my attention. Thinking about you.

6:48 PM  
Blogger Merci said...

Sometimes I think we live in a world gone mad. Bombings like this, our crazy US politics. I guess there were people who felt this way at the dawn of World War II. Things seem to be so out of control, and no one seems to know how to set it right.

11:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought of you when I saw this on the BBC website the other day. I hate it when people do such terrible, cruel, evil things in the name of religion. But I also hate it when other people aren't willing to recognise that not all people of that faith are the same as the fundamentalist, strident, outspoken, supportive-of-violence bad ones.

I am so, so sorry about this.

5:14 AM  
Blogger Virginia Gal said...

Mommantor - Thank you.

Molly - that is it, you hit it, I feel betrayed by this action, like it is ripping at the holy month of Ramadan.

Brenda - thank you for the hug, I too am saddened.

Pax - Yes it is very easy to cloak revenge in with God, when I think if you were to break it down, one would find that it is mere revenge for a sad life, nothing to do with religion at all.

My Mind Wanders - Thank you dear (smile).

Merci - I wish we had leaders and people like FDR and Churchill who could lead us into peace.

Kate - I am with you, I abhor when people use religion for evil; to me that is blasphemy!!

11:57 PM  
Blogger Jennifer Chronicles (jenx67.com) said...

yes -- *prayers*

1:53 PM  
Blogger Virginia Gal said...

Thanks Jen!

2:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home