Monday, December 29, 2008

Six Things About Me

I saw this on Mommantor's blog and liked it, so I've "borrowed" for my own (hope you don't mind Mommantor). Feel free to "lend" it to yourself as well (insert laugh track).

Six things about Virginia Gal:
  1. I just read my first Christian romance book (it was purely by accident, I started to get into the story before all the fundamentalist stuff started rolling and I did want to see the two main characters get together). The book was ok but I could have down without all the religious right influence, now I will be more careful in selecting my romance novels.
  2. Went to see Doubt yesterday, such a good movie! Amy Adams is an amazing actress, she must win the Golden Globe.
  3. I could watch live (good) ballet every day of the week.
  4. I have a soft spot in my heart for little old men who look like my grandfather and my dad and at the two stores I work at, I will often give little old men additional discounts or extra food samples, simply because they remind me of my grandfather (nana) or dad.
  5. I think Barack Obama is a hottie; these are four years of State of the Union addresses I'll be watching, yowzeers!
  6. I don't speak urdu nearly as well I wish I could - biggest regret of my life.

8 Comments:

Blogger Molly Malone said...

it seems the first tip off that you were reading a fundamentalist romance would be that when it comes to the part of the story where the characters should logically have their first passionate kiss, they simply chastely brush lips and then regret the action and rue the day their eyes ever met, worried that the millimeters of skin that touched might lead them to WANT to have sex, which we all know is as bad as or worse than having sex itself. ... that, and that her heaving bosom was hidden very well under her button-up collar and sweater vest combo.

7:31 AM  
Blogger Brenda said...

Great things to know about you young lady. Best wishes for a wonderful 2009!

10:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Totally agree Obama is Hot.
Thank God we don't have to suffer the ugly face of our previous President. It was sheer torture for the last 8 years. I never watched a single address of the union, that face and stupid speeches never enticed me.

Just curious, does any other memeber of your family encrouages you to give free samples or extra service or only your dad and grandpa have the "special place".

You seem like an intelligent person, therefore tackle the language issue. If it is spoken in your home and community make a New Years resolution that you will only speak in Urdu. It might be a little difficult in the begignning but once you get a hang of it you will realise that it wasn't such a huge mountian after all.

So how about I challenge you to tackle it, you are not a quiter.
Keep me posted and good luck.

Austen

10:58 AM  
Blogger JoeinVegas said...

Loved Amy in Enchanted, she just seemed to fit.
What's up with a real job?

1:39 PM  
Blogger my mind wanders said...

Oooh, I want to see Doubt. Glad to see it has your endorsement. :-)
I hope things have quieted down for you a bit. BTW, I know you do speak Urdu. Maybe not as well as you would like, but you do!

9:11 PM  
Blogger Merci said...

I want to see Doubt, too.

You are fortunate to have even a rudimentary ability to speak another language! I wish I had learned ANY Ukrainian from my extended family. Unfortunately, my father understood it, but did not speak it well, so I wasn't exposed to it enough.

3:27 AM  
Blogger Virginia Gal said...

Molly - ha ha, it wasn't that bad (smile).

Brenda - you are so sweet, I pray for both of us, great things in 2009!

Austen - You bring up a good point, I think I shall do what you say, once I can get over that hump or wall for the language, it should come back, I did speak it as my first language, till I was 3. And I am glad you agree about Obama, lol!

Joe - real job starts January 6th, though its a contract position, so no benefits except pay (which at this point works for me!).

My Mind Wonders - oh thanks for the vote of confidence, you are too kind : )

Merci - if you see Doubt, you must post what you thought.

10:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's pretty funny about the Christian romance novel. I didn't even know those existed.

9:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home