Friday, April 10, 2009

A peep diorama for this holiday. It is quintessential Washington DC - Eastern Market!

Last year was my first time really understanding the whole holiday of Easter, because of my attendance at church in Copenhagen. I enjoyed the entire lent season. It reminded me much of Ramadan - the church would have special events during the month leading up to Easter, study sessions, special services (just as at the Mosque we have special evening prayers, study groups etc). I learned so much about the events of the last week of the Prophet Jesus's (pbuh) life. Also what I thought was interesting (and also typical of Ramadan) is the increase in church attendance during this holy time. Heck, even the colors of the alter changed each week, way cool!

I miss going to St. Alban's of Copenhagen, Denmark. Best to all those celebrating this holiday this weekend!

4 Comments:

Blogger mommanator said...

I love Peeps, BUUT they are so bad for me-a diabetic!
The grands look at them and I am sure they salivate. I left some in their Easter Baskets. Mom has to corral them with too sugar TEEHEE

8:47 AM  
Blogger Merci said...

Their really is overlap between Islam, Judaism and Christianity, isn't there? Looking at all three can only enhance our understanding of each, they share so much.

10:12 PM  
Blogger Molly Malone said...

I LOVE the diaorama. Did you see this year's winner? Nicely done. Is this one yours?

1:03 PM  
Blogger Virginia Gal said...

Mommantor - those peeps are nothing but sugar, your grandkids are going to be climbing the wall, ha ha.

Merci - yes the overlaps are mind-boggling when you think on it, no?

Molly - so not mine and yes I saw in the Post today the winner and it was adorable though I loved the runner-up "Mrs. Peepcock in the Conservatory," its a scene from the boardgame, Clue.

12:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home