Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Vote for an Animal Shelter to get a makeover!

Hi all!

I saw this in the USA Today and thought I'd make a mention here. This website zootoo.com is having a voting contest.

The animal shelter with the most votes will win a million dollar makeover (and all the candidate shelters are desperately in need of makeovers). There are ten shelters in the running. You can read about each shelter on the website and there are even testimonials about the places as well.

Voting starts April 13th and runs till April 19th. You have to register on the site to vote, but I haven't gotten any spam since registering. Besides which if you are an animal lover, this site is very pro-animal - with a sidebar of animals to adopt etc.

I've been voting for the shelter in Covington, Louisiana because they are a no-kill shelter. I think they are in fifth or fourth place right now. To vote go to:
www.zootoo.com/vote

Vote for whoever you want but (HINT, HINT) the name of the shelter in Covington, Louisiana that I've been voting for is St. Tammany Humane Society.

3 Comments:

Blogger mommanator said...

OK I will vote!

10:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kind of wish they could give two or three lesser make-overs.

8:04 PM  
Blogger Virginia Gal said...

Mommanator - thanks!

Citizen - I think they do give some money but yes I wish we could fix them all!

11:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home