Thursday, May 14, 2009

Mismash

Just a potpourri of a post today....

I skidded and fell on Monday and badly injured my knee. Its all bloody and gross. Nothing tells you you are getting older than when you don't heal immediately from a skinned knee. Sigh. I've been walking around this week with a big fat bandage around my knee. Bleeding has just now stopped.

Google is doing a drawing competition for children and they want the American public to pick the winner - just go to their main site, you know, www.google.com and it should be there. There are some amazing drawings there and you can't believe they are done by kids!

Does anyone else think Dick Cheney is a very bad man? I don't like that he is going around badmouthing the President. Yet on the other hand I like it, because Mr. Cheney is not very liked, so the more he talks the worse his party comes out.

My Capitals (ice hockey) lost last night in the second round of NHL play-offs. I am so not surprised. They are the quintessial heartbreak kids when it comes to championships. You know they can be number one in the league and still screw up. Last year actually that was the case. I don't know why I even get my hopes up. Sad.

Oh my God, Cat Stevens is on the Colbert Report! Way cool, he's a good speaker for us Muslims, but I thought he was having difficulty getting into the US of A?? oh well....

6 Comments:

Blogger JoeinVegas said...

A story in the paper this morning discussed how Bush/Cheney thought it treasonous when the prior president/vp started complaining about what they did, now he is out doing the same thing. Ah well, it's all about words and power, and hopefully he is out for good.

11:25 AM  
Blogger mommanator said...

OOOOO you fell down and went boom. Need mommanator to kiss it better-silly me!
Cheney ah yes-enuff said!

12:44 PM  
Blogger Merci said...

The Penguin, errr, Cheney, that's it, Cheney. Seems like the personification of evil to me.

Sorry about your knee. Amazing how much that stuff hurts as an adult, isn't it? Hope it heals soon!

9:39 PM  
Blogger my mind wanders said...

Oh NO! I'm sorry you hurt your knee!! I hope it heals fast!!

And yes, Dick Cheney is a very bad man!

10:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh shoot - I love Cat Stevens. When was he on?

As fro Dick Cheney - pah. But what do you expect from a guy who would shoot a friend in the face?

10:08 PM  
Blogger Virginia Gal said...

Joe - yes what hypocrites!!

Mommantor - oh thanks for the well wishes (smile).

Merci - I laugh out loud, he is so the penguin, for sure!!

My Mind Wanders - It is healing thanks!

Citizen - He was on last Thursday, just as I was writing my post : )

10:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home