Monday, May 11, 2009

Oddities

Is it just me but I take no credence in the following.....

  1. Bristal Palin giving teen's abstinence advice. I mean who are we kidding here? If this wasn't so absurd I would laugh and laugh and laugh.
  2. Ms. California talking about the sanctity of marriage and than traipsing around nearly naked. Well nothing says morals than showing your private parts for the world.

Seriously this is why I can't stand the political right, they are so high and mighty about judging others but they themselves live in a glass house. I don't understand the psychology of it. Is this something like to deflect the sins of yourself to others? But why judge? Why set yourself up as some sort of pillar of good conscience, when you know you are not? Why do these people feel they are somehow in a better position to grade others? It leaves me utterly baffled. There is just so much arrogance in this stance that I relish when these people are taken down..probably not very kind of me. But how can I be kind to those who are so cruel or stupid to others?? Why is it that these people are such sticklers for the rules, but can't even stick to the rules themselves?? I see it with fanatical Muslims as well.

The irony of this is that with the right there are TONS of examples of "do as I say, but not as I do."

10 Comments:

Blogger mommanator said...

humm, all I can say is don't judge all 'morals' like the ones you see on stage & in public view. Some are actually what they say.

9:43 AM  
Blogger JoeinVegas said...

No, just putting themselves up as bad examples. You know, everyone needs an example to point at and say 'not like that'.

12:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a problem with hypocrisy in any form, and those are two good examples of it.

5:33 PM  
Blogger Merci said...

I can allow for moral people who've made mistakes and humbly acknowledge it. It's the holier-than-thou stuff that gets to me, and the extreme need to tell others what they must believe.

11:45 PM  
Blogger Molly Malone said...

few - if any - of us truly live the morals we profess. these womens' moral inconsistencies don't perturb me all that much. i disagree with their viewpoints - vehemently, even - but their inconsistency doesn't bother me.

what i find more distressing is that Beauty Pageants still exist at all and that i sincerely doubt Palin - or whatever organization she's fronting - will confront issues of empowerment for young women and accountability for young men.

you can push abstinence and safe sex all you want (and heavens knows i hope she pushes safe sex as much as she does abstinence), but it's usually pushed toward the girls. but the 50% of the equation are almost completely ignored in our society. they may be told by their families and communities, "cover your dick," but they're also being told, "girls only exist for you to fuck." as if their urge needs to be reinforced. and who tells them this? WE do! tiny tees that are spangled with "boy toy" or shorts that read "flirt" across the rear-end.

in addition, when it comes to teen pregnancy - or even adult single pregnancy - they know they're not in the picture. pregnant? her problem. not mine. at most, they send cards and possible child support, if the girl's lucky. we need to MAKE it their problem. pregnant? babydaddy, you come with me to lamaze class, you announce w/ me to my parents. you bottle-feed the baby in the evenings and on weekends and you quit your social life. aborting? babydaddy, you take off a day from school to drive me to the hospital for the abortion and you sit by my bed as i come out from the dope. and you better hold my hand in whatever time it takes for me to emotionally recover. i'm sure there are more guys who do the latter than the former, simply because it's easier. however, my point remains: we MUST require more of teenage boys, not just bombard teen girls. and we've gotta stop telling our daughters that their worth resides mostly in their sexual attractiveness. sure, flaunt it while you got it, but with the Britneys and Gossip Girls of the world, we've told our daughters that their body is all that's worth promoting about themselves. ugh!! And parents of sons have GOT to stop taking the viewpoint that "with a boy you have one problem, with a girl you've got one-hundred problems." that laziness is what facilitates the idea that pregnancy is her problem, not mine. step up and raise a man trained to look past his dick and see a person.

sorry. i'll get off my soapbox. just my two ce-uh, two dollars.
;)

12:06 PM  
Blogger Molly Malone said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

12:06 PM  
Blogger Brenda said...

Molly has said it all, nothing I can add to that! All true.

12:10 PM  
Blogger Virginia Gal said...

Mommantor - true that.

Joe - good point they could be bad examples.

Citizen - yes hypocrisy, that is what it is, and I agre, I dislike it very much!

Merci - yes if you are humble than I'm more prone to be accepting.

Molly - brilliantly said! Thank you!

Brenda - oh don't agree with her too much, we don't want her to get a big head, lol.

11:41 PM  
Blogger apt said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

10:30 PM  
Anonymous Tony said...

AMEN SISTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home