Tuesday, November 17, 2009

CASTLE

Is anybody else watching Castle, the new Nathan Fillion starring mystery show on ABC at 10pm/9pm central?

I am so in love with Nathan, thus naturally I had to watch. I have to say the show is hilarious!!! Its one of the few shows my husband and I watch together and really enjoy!!! He endures Gossip Girl the hour before and truly I mean endure, he is not a fan, lol. But he is game for Castle. We get so into it, that we even begin to try to solve the mystery before the characters on the tv show do.

You know I never thought I would enjoy another show with my beloved Mr. Fillion after Firefly, but Castle is getting up there! It is a nice mix of humor, romance and of course mystery! The whole premise, in case you were wondering, is that Nathan Fillion plays this best-selling author, Richard Castle, who decides to shadow an NYPD cop, Kate Beckett, for one of his new books. He is a single dad, with this wacky mom and down-to-earth daughter. Kate Beckett is all business but her fellow cops are with a sense of humor, so they play off each other. Its a bit like the old tv show, Moonlighting. I'm glad ABC has picked Castle up!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've never heard of 'Castle' - clearly hasn't made it to this side of the pond yet. I'll have to look out for it.

I won't allow Justin to watch 'Gossip Girl' with me - his groans of disapproval are too distracting. I have a friend whose husband is addicted though, so you never know, yours might start to enjoy it one day!!

3:36 AM  
Blogger Molly Malone said...

i don't watch much TV. gossip girl never sounded like my bag. not sure castle would be, either. but i'm glad you're enjoying it.

more importantly, i'm really glad you and your hubby are enjoying it together. it's little things like that that make married life fun. there are certain shows Honey and i enjoy together and we HAVE to watch together: Lost, Mad Men, etc. it's so much fun to share that.

7:13 AM  
Blogger mommanator said...

while I watched last eve you were on my thoughts, was wondering if you were watching, and you were!
it is a silly progam somtimes, but does remind one of moonlighting. I do like the way they play off one another.
I guessed last nights ending. Also glad you & hubby are watching together

1:20 PM  
Blogger Dorothy said...

I watched it a few times however it conflicted with something else thus no more..nice post.

Dorothy from grammology
grammology.com

4:54 PM  
Blogger Merci said...

The Robin Hood series on the BBC is ending soon, but is worth watching for the complex character of Guy of Gisborne. Richard Armitage is the actor and he's really quite good. He'd make a great new crush!

9:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is certainly interesting for me to read this post. Thank author for it. I like such topics and anything connected to them. I would like to read more soon.

3:59 AM  
Blogger Maidy said...

Can't say I have since I still don't watch a lot of TV. :P

Hahahaha

Hey, VG. It's Maidink, except now I go by the name Maidy.

Hope all is well you, sweety. I promise to try and catch up with you soon.

9:21 PM  
Blogger Virginia Gal said...

Kate - yes I can't see Justin as a Gossip Girl fan, but the big question is...what about Coleridge??

Molly - we are getting there, baby steps.

Mommantor - yes totally Moonlighting, I liked that show as well : )

Dorothy - oh I am sad about the conflict, it happens to me with other shows as well. I understand.

Merci - OMG, I LOVE Richard Armitage, he is so dreamy!

Anony - thank you and welcome!

Maidy - Hi!!!! I miss you so much!!!

12:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home