Saturday, July 16, 2011

And a Good time was had by all

I am finally back from Virginia - actually have been back for a week but adjusting to this new work schedule has me falling asleep early (as well as the fact that the baby wakes up early).

She seems to be getting a bit better at the daycare, though momma still hates to leave her there; because lets face it, nothing can be better than momma care.

I have to say, traveling with a baby, people are amazingly nice! Returning from Washington DC, on the first leg, the gentleman standing behind me on the jet way, saw me struggling with holding baby, diaper bag and roller board carry-on and took the roller board all the way into the plane for me and than placed it over head. Than baby had a bit of a melt down as we were descending into Chicago (our connecting city) and both of the ladies on either side of me, sang and played with baby, very much distracting baby from her screaming. So nice!

On top of all of this, I was able to get a ride on one of those mini-cars inside Phoenix airport, again because I was struggling with all of the things in my arms. oh and I remembered, when I landed in DC, at the baggage claim belt, a woman saw me with the baby and could see I was trying to figure out how to get the suitcase off the belt and she did it for me - and she was a tiny lady like me! So kind! oh and another thing, on the out-bound flight, these teenage boy (BOY) who was sitting behind our row continued to smile, laugh and make faces at baby, who just found that super fun; he was so good to entertain her and not be bothered by her. See, I can come up with more and more examples of the kindness of strangers to a new mommy flying on an airplane by herself, just goes to show you, there is still goodness out there.

7 Comments:

Blogger secret agent woman said...

I'm glad she's settling into her daycare - that will help you be more at ease about the situation.

And yes, there is something about a baby that brings out the kindness in many.

5:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank God, there is kindness, otherwise this world would be hell.

Stay positive and good things will happen.

Austen

9:33 AM  
Blogger JoeinVegas said...

Back to Phoenix! Was the whole trip OK? Sounds like it was

10:46 AM  
Blogger Virginia Gal said...

Secret Agent - that is the truth, babies do bring out the best in most people I've noticed.

Austen - Thank you : )

Joe - it was great!!! My only complaint was that it was too short.

1:27 AM  
Blogger Norma said...

How nice that you met kind strangers to help you. Someday, when she's older, you'll be able to return the favor.

7:44 PM  
Blogger Hina said...

wow, it has been awhile since I've been here - cute update :)

10:07 AM  
Anonymous www.empresas3d.com said...

This is all erroneous what you're writing.

11:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home