Thursday, August 18, 2011

Grab Bag

Lately Momma and baby have been very clingy to each other – is that normal? I sometimes worry, what if something happens to me, who will protect and love my baby like I do? This has prompted a change in my eating habits, must take care of myself for baby.

Position open in my department here at non-descript airlines and the hiring manager has kept me appraised of some of the better candidates (alright not so much appraised as I have been noisy and asked). One candidate had a phone interview, did well and they wanted to bring her in for elevated interviews. Now the phone number doesn’t work or the applicant is not calling back. Really, what is wrong with people? You complain about being unemployed and than when you get an opportunity, you can’t be bothered to pick up the phone, aye! If you are not interested, just say so, plenty of other people happy to take the job.

Still get time to read? Why, yes I do! Darla D and I have talked about this, if reading is a priority, you will make the time. I dislike the excuse by non-readers for their lack of picking up a book by saying, “oh I’m so busy." I have a six month old baby and work a full time job and I still make time, even if its only five minutes. Certainly I don’t get through books as fast I use too, but I haven’t given them up either! Non-readers stop pretending you are a reader and just admit, “I don’t like reading.” Link

Native Arizonians, not very nice about making new friends, I am coming to find out. Sigh.

6 Comments:

Blogger Hina said...

you eating right? this I can't believe! and don't worry, if anything ever happened to you, God forbid, we'd take care of Eyshie :)

PS - for my birthday, I would like a video of Eyshie playing with either Snoopy or Charmander or both :)

8:44 AM  
Blogger JoeinVegas said...

Sigh back

11:28 AM  
Blogger secret agent woman said...

I think having a child changes your priorities, including how you have to take care of yourself.

But I think it's a false dichotomy to divide the world into readers and nonreaders. I do like to read, but it waxes and wanes for me depending on what else I've got going on. When my kids were younger, I read a lot more because there were lots of times when I'd be sitting with them, nursing or holding them while they slept. Easy to read then. My time is much more active now, so it's harder to fit it in. I feel sure that will change again as they move into more independent lives away from me.

7:35 PM  
Anonymous mycouponbasket said...

Take good care of yourself dear. I shall pray god to bless you with a happy and healthy life.

7:10 AM  
Blogger Virginia Gal said...

Hina - good to know blankies!

Joe - : )

Secret Agent - interesting thing about reading, maybe because I'm so passionate about it, I can't see never not reading : )

My Coupon - thank you and welcome!

12:53 AM  
Blogger Jill said...

I know just what you mean. I only really started being super careful about eating when I was pregnant. I thought I'd go back to my old ways afterwards, but I realized I had to take care of myself for them. I'm glad you're still squeezing in time for reading!

3:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home