Friday, April 08, 2016

Saving Money

I'm trying to save money, this summer we want to take the kids to Disneyland, a not cheap proposal at all! Every time I do my budget, it seems I'm doing well, but come the end of the month and I've only saved $50 or so. How does this happen...I know very well, I sit at a desk all day, during the off time, I surf the Internet and that involves e-shopping.

Nothing seems easier then e-shopping, I have to make a very strong effort to NOT shop online, not only do you get that rush of shopping but an additional rush when the package comes in (especially here at the Embassy as its like Christmas, since it can take packages weeks to get here). I find the best way to solve that package rush is when I go home for vacation, I make a bunch of packages and mail them back to Indonesia, so I have something to look forward too.

As for e-shopping, I've found the best way to dissuade me, is I put a post-it note of my credit card card balances on my computer monitor, seeing those numbers makes me weary to increase them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home