Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Politics

This year in Virginia, we voters have to decide on a Senator, its a race between incombent George Allen (R.) or Jim Webb (D.).

I can't stand Allen. Let me be upfront about this. He reminds me of a good ol' boy, Virginia style. This means I think he certainly has some racist tendencies, he likes to drink and be obnxious, probably thinks women have a place and that's in the kitchen or raising kids, likes to hunt and do other manly things, you know what I'm talking about, think Dukes of Hazard or Trent Lott. He reminds me a lot of the boys who attended VMI (Virginia Military Institute), which was just down the street from my beloved Mary Baldwin College.

I now have proof of my suppositions of said character of Allen - http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/08/14/AR2006081400589.html

Allen represents Virginia 1950's, Jim Crow laws and all...is that really who we want representing us in the Senate of the United States of America?

6 Comments:

Blogger JoeinVegas said...

Though there are intelligent people, there are still enough ignorant SOB's and those who don't bother to read that will go with those they think best. I'll put $2 down on . . .
After all, isn't W in for a second term?

3:48 PM  
Blogger Pax Romano said...

:::Clear's throat:::

"Glad I'm not in the land of cotton,
Where the Civil War aint forgotten,
Hillbilly-Land, Hillbilly-Land,
That's Dixie"

6:45 PM  
Blogger Miz BoheMia said...

Laurie said it all! I am here to say...

Ditto!

4:47 AM  
Blogger Virginia Gal said...

Joe - yes sadly I think he will get re-elected, this is one of like 10 states that went to Dole in '96, we are HEAVILY Republican.

Maidink - will do! Thanks for the tip!

Pax - you said it...man I work the country music shows and I feel like it's 1865 again and the war just ended. Jeez people, let it go!

Laurie - yup he did do it to himself, but is it enough to make him lose. Sadly probably not, in this state.

Miz - hello!!! Thanks man for stopping by!

12:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Interesting read the look of love baccarat level cholesterol Epicurean school of culinary arts

7:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice site! Vitamins for hair lose 97 mitsubishi eclipse factory stereo Can celexa be taken at night laser hair removal Heraklion minivan car rental Sears bathroom cabinets Halloween costumes + wheelchair moving company ultram Ford f250 slip yoke One way moving company license plate frames

2:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home